Petzval_preorder_header_kit

Now Available for Pre-Order - First Come, First Served

Put Your Digitaliza 35mm Inside the Scanner Epson V500

Did you ask why your scanner gives some strange mistakes when you put on the Digitaliza? This is my experience!

In order to complete my LomoXperience, I bought the scanner Epson V500 Photo but soon my needs increased when I got my new Sprocket Rocket from azotolina. How can I scan the sprockets? It’s easy, buy a Digitaliza 35mm ! Well, It’s easy to say to buy, because it has been a azotolina present, too.

Anyway, now I got a Digitaliza, my first problem have been those strange mistakes wherein I had to turn on and turn off the scanner. I remember I had an advice from superchouette at Lomography Gallery Store Milan. Now, for my Tipster.

Take a cardboard and scissors. Cut an “L” shape with a base of 4cm and the left side with 7.6cm. You should have something like this:

I created a document, so you just have to print and cut. You can email me at flashstalker@me.com or send me a private message on Lomography.

The next step is to put the “L” on the left corner and then use the empty space to insert your Digitaliza 35mm:

The result?

I do think it’s a good beginning!

The DigitaLIZA 35mm Scanning Mask holds your 35mm negatives in place so you can scan them, sprocket holes and all! Be your own boss when it comes to scanning 35mm negatives, giving you ultimate control over your images! Visit the Shop and get your very own DigitaLIZA 35mm Scanning Mask.

written by flashstalker and translated by flashstalker

1. stratski

stratski

Clever. I tend to mess around with whatever rectangular flat item I have lying around (iPod, business card...), but this is much better.

2. flashstalker

flashstalker

Thanks!!

3. neanderthalis

neanderthalis

Great idea. I just usual light up by sight. This is easier.

4. clickiemcpete

clickiemcpete

Great idea! I used Sharpie marker on the inside rim to show where it should go and I press the end of the Digitaliza up against the edge of the tray so that it is square. But for really long negatives I have to stick a spacer in there to get it more towards the middle of the bed. If I press it against the front edge of the bed like you show in your pics the scanner will not scan properly for some reason.

5. chilledvondub

chilledvondub

i never thought to try this i have a epsom perfection V500 too and it wont even provide me with a preview when using the digitliza

6. fletchinski84

fletchinski84

This is a great idea and I wish I had thought of it as my negs are often wonky. I would love if you could send me the template to kneehigh85@hotmail.com.
    Thanks

7. sprofishgel

sprofishgel

Cool ! I´m saving to buy both digitaliza masks and this situation have already occured me. I think I´ll send you an email ;)

8. panchoballard

panchoballard

I use a Canon scanner. To get the right position I just place the mask from the Sprocket Rocket at one end of the scanner and push my Digitalize up against it. A perfect fit!

9. weidong

weidong

cazzo! un signorotto!!! questo mi servira' sicuramente!

10. goonies

goonies

tu si che sei un genio

11. realmustache

realmustache

yeah, i bought the epson perfection v600 and the digitaliza scanning masks won't work. i keep getting lid errors. the masks are too thick and won't allow the lid to close properly

The original version of this article is written in: Italiano. It is also available in: Spanish.