Did you know that sun never sets on Russia? When it is night in St Petersburg, the sun is already rising above the horizon in Vladivostok! Russia is a great country that spreads for thousands of kilometers and spans eleven time zones over two continents. The country is diverse in its culture, mixing the practical Western influence with the mysterious Eastern traditions.
What is more, it’s a motherland of your favourite LC-A that was produced by the famous LOMO Plant in Saint-Petersburg. This year celebrating its 25th anniversary, the Lomographic Embassy in Russia is honoring this camera with a street exhibition featuring a massive Lomowall, (rumor has it that is will be 50 meters long!!) No easy task that is given! Which is why we want to ask for your help! What we really want is to see your best shots at this outstanding event. So now it’s time for you to show us that unique lomographic view of Russia.
For this extended rumble we have the following themes planned out for you:
- The mysterious Russian soul
- firs and sticks (birches and firs)
- back to USSR
- Frosty the snowman
- Pushkin, Valenki and cold winters
- Great empires
- Russian architecture
- Russian Vodka – “The Queen of Liquor Kingdom”))
- Old communism and new democracy
- Cross-country skiing
- Russian ballet
- Remote Russian villages
Of course feel free to add in anything that represents Russia! Show us the nature, show the cities, the culture and the food!
- For this rumble, there is NO upload limit!
- Everybody that gets picked will have the honor to have their photo on display in St. Petersburg, as well as 5 piggies
- Only LC-A Pictures allowed!
- Minimum Photo Dimensions: 1200×1800 pixels for standard landscape format
- The winner announcement will take a little bit more time than for other round the clock rumbles
- By submitting your photos to this rumble, you allow Lomography.com to use your submitted photos for promotional purposes.