Trinity Cathedral in St. Petersburg is an architectural monument of late Classicism. It got its name on behalf of the Izmailovo Regiment, one of the oldest in Russia. The regiment was founded by the Empress Anna Ioannovna in 1730 under the name of the village of Izmailovo in Moscow. Often referred to as the temple of the Holy Trinity-Izmailovo. He is one of the most impressive in the northern capital.