Love visiting the Guggenheim or MoMa, live for Saturday concerts in Brooklyn or are on the lookout for some amazing graffiti in the LES? Tell us about it and submit locations to this week’s challenge.
As we dive right into Week 5, let’s escape our previous party mode and get serious about what momma would be proud of, all the culture that surrounds us. Its everywhere – from the dreaded Theater district in Times Square to the quite lovely wall murals in Long Island City, we just need you to dust them off, shine em up and get included. So help our editors out and tell us what you love…
Example of a LomoLocation: Metropolitan Museum of Art
Art & Culture
There’s art in every corner of the city: Sometimes it’s quite obvious, sometimes you have to look twice. What’s your source of inspiration?
- Amazing Museums
- Street Art & Graffiti
- Art Galleries
- Must see exhibitions
- Happenings (book signings, movie premieres, store openings)
- Mind-blowing Architecture
- Where Fashion Lives
- Avantgarde Theatre
- Live Happenings (events, concerts, fashion week and more)
How to get involved:
- To see all the sections that will be included in the Lomography City Guide New York, take a look here.
- If you’re not sure of what a location should look, our handy dandy step-by- step guidelines will help walk you through it with ease.
- Upload 3 or 4 or more great photos (higher resolution the better – your photos should have at least 1200 pixels in either width or height).
- A few sentences on why you love your location and why people should check it out.
- Tell us the exact address where it’s located and how to get there.
- If you have a LomoLocation to submit that does not fit this week’s theme, please go ahead and submit it anyway, it will still be considered for the book (so long as it’s about New York of course!).
- Just don’t forget to tag your location with “NYCG” so we can pull them out easily and provide you with 5 piggies.