I got lots of unwanted blurry pictures with my LOMO LC-A+ so I tried to fix it by my own and I want to share my results.
My last LOMO LC-A+ rolls where all out of focus, but not all the frames, only the ones with the focus fixed on infinite. Then I realized that the lens didn’t move up and down when I switch between focus positions. Something was wrong with the focus lever and the lens.
After removing the camera cover I watched inside the mechanism and realized that one screw was coming loose. Unfortunately there were several configurations that would result in wrong focusing. So I tested two of them, shooting four frames with each one, at 0.8, 1.5, 3 meters and infinite.
After developing the film I got the right configuration. I guess that it should be the same for all the lc-a+ cameras, but you could try which one works for your camera.
- You need a precission screwdriver
- Remove that 4 screws to show the lens mechanisms
- Set the focus lever at infinite (1) to see the regulating screw (2) it could come loose in order to move the lense up or down using the two nicks (3).
- There are two metalic pieces (silver and gold) that could be adjusted in different positions. I tried the two extremes: aligned or not aligned.
- The aligned configuration worked!