Not everybody who shoots films have their own film scanner, especially the new Lomographers or analogue users. Even I don’t have a proper scanner, because every time I have the money, I buy films and save some for developing and scanning at a photo lab.
So, this is what I usually do when I don’t have the money to scan properly. Its not that great since I’m using handphone camera. Use DSLR or any high megapixels digital camera if you want to have a better results.
The things you need:
- Any LCD screen with flat surface of course
- Presentation editor (In this tutorial, I use Microsoft Office PowerPoint 207)
- Electrical tape / cellophane tape
- Scissors (to cut the tape)
- Handphone camera / digital camera / DSLR
- Film sheets
- Photo editing software (in this tutorial, I use PhotoScape and Adobe Photoshop CS5)
Using Adobe Photoshop CS5:
AMARAN / WARNING / ACHTUNG: The results is not that great, so don’t compare what can a proper film scanner do with this method. :D
Inspired by aimoto : Film negatives to jpegs without film scanner
written by oxgn on 2011-09-01 #gear #tutorials #tutorial #scanning #tipster #lomography #cheap-scanning #how-to-scan-without-film-scanner #sprocket-scanning #poor-man-scanning-method #film-negatives-to-jpegs-without-film-scanner