For my third experiment, I decided to take some of my mom’s wine and put it to good use!
In this little lab rat experiment, you’ll need:
A roll of film (I used Boots Pharmacy Film 200)
A small bowl
It’s super easy, let’s begin!
1. Pour a cup of any wine into a small bowl
2. Put your film in the wine. Make sure the wine covers the whole roll!
3. Crack open a book while you wait for about 7 hours.
4. Take the film out and shake off the excess wine.
5. You might want to dump out the wine, it’s probably got chemicals in it now…oh well!
9. Leave it in the rice for a few days. ( I left it in for 4 days)
10. To make it easier for myself, I didn’t blow dry the film. I put the roll into the oven at 170 Fahrenheit and left it in there for about 18 minutes.
11. When the tab of film seems pretty dry, and you can pull it in and out of the canister easily, you’ll know it’s dry.
12. Process/develop regularly. You may want to let your lab know what you’ve done with the film in case anything happens!
My pictures came out in varying shades of purples, pinks, reds, and occasional dark blues. I don’t know why that is, but I think it looks quite nice! There’s also lots of spots all over the film, I love it!
Hopefully you’re as satisfied with your photos as I am! :D