This is a call to arms! We have identified 25 targets, each of which needs to be covered by you. Go under cover, go deep into the field, and go after them. You’ll be in with the chance to win the much coveted Lomo LC-A+!
Hi there Lomographers! Greg the Editor here. You have been giving us some great locations for the London City Guide. But we think there are lots of London locations that NEED to be in the book. So we have put together this London Hit List to inspire you to go out and get shooting. Whoever manages to get the most of these of these will be in with a chance to win an LC-A+, and of course all of the submissions will be considered for the forthcoming London City Guide, a real book that you can keep forever and proudly show the grandkids. I NEED YOU! So get shooting!
Here is the London Hit List – a scavenger hunt of targets for you to go after in and around London Town…
1. Your Favourite Market
2. Feeding The Pigeons
3. The Bonnington Cafe, Vauxhall
4. A Full English Breakfast
5. A Lido
6. A British Bulldog
7. Your favorite Blue Plaque
8. Regent’s Canal
9. London Zoo
10. Scooterworks on Lower Marsh
11. Container City
12. Serpentine Gallery
13. A place to spot a celebrity
14. A place to eat Fried Chicken
15. A location with a postcode beginning with SE
16. Bar Italia
17. A location with a postcode beginning NW
18. Somewhere you’d take your Mum
19. The Changing of the Guards
20. A Brush With The Law
21. A Royal Abode
22. A Dancefloor
23. The O2 Arena
24. The Olympics Site
Go after as many as you can, load up your film, strap on a camera, and shoot those targets! This is an urgent mission; you have just two weeks to get as many targets uploaded onto this site as LomoLocations as you can.
For each target we need some kick ass photos, a few sentences about the place, and it’s location. Post each target up as a lomolocation tagged with ‘LCG’ and ‘hitlist’. When you have located, shot and published all of your chosen targets from this list put a comment in the box below and you’ll be in with the chance to win some great prizes!
The person who submits the most target LomoLocations from the list above will win a brand spanking new Lomo LC-A+, nice!
*If more than one person submits the same maximum amount we will choose randomly between them.
Every LomoLocation submitted and published will earn you five piggy points. Everyones a winner!
The deadline for the London Hit List is Wednesday 30 March. Get on it!
To submit your LomoLocation
- Log on to Lomography.com and go to the LomoLocation submissions page
- Upload 3 or 4 or more great photos (higher resolution the better – your photos should have at least 1200 pixels in either width or height)
- A few sentences on why you love your location and why people should check it out
- Tell us the exact address where it’s located and how to get there
- Tag your entry with “LCG” (London City Guide) and ‘hitlist’ so we can find them.
- Once you’ve added all of your location targets let us know in the comments box below here.
- If you have a LomoLocation to submit that does not fit the London Hit List, please go ahead and submit it anyway, it will still be considered for the book (so long as it’s about London of course!) but will not be entered into this competition.