It’s quite hard to imagine German music culture without Fettes Brot. After their big breakthrough in the early 90s with their well-known song “Nordish by Nature”, they now play in the biggest halls in front of 12,000 fans with up to 90 gigs a year! Björn Beton fell in love with the Fisheye 2 and documented daily tour routine with his buddies Doktor Renz and König Boris.
1. Tell us a little bit about Fettes Brot. How long do you guys know each other and how long does the band exist?
For 19 years. Not thaat long.
2. Your real names:
Björn Beton, König Boris, Doktor Renz
3. Where are you from?
4. Did you know Lomography before or is this the first time you get in touch with analogue photography?
Yes, our manager is a Lomographer for a long time.
5. Tell us a little bit about your hometown. Which place is a must-see?
Hamburg is a must-see for sure!
6. Your tour is over now. How much time do you spend “on the road” and what are you doing in your spare time?
The first thing we do is getting along with our life again. It takes its time to realize that you have to cook for yourself again. We have about 60-80 gigs a year.
7. Did you follow the 10 golden rules?
Rules and bones are meant to be broken.
8. Tell us about your funniest, most exciting and craziest experience while taking photos. At least you’re a band, there must be some great stories!
Actually I have no memories of most of the pictures I took. Sounds like Rock’n’Roll but it’s also quite sad.
9. If your photos shown here could have a soundtrack of three songs, what would they be (song title & artist please)?
Where’s my home – The Botaniks
Underworld – Born Slippy
F. Sinatra – Aqua de Beber
10. You tested the Colorsplash, Diana Mini, Diana F+ and Fisheye 2. Which one is your favorite?
11.Where did you shoot your Lomos and who took which one?
Everywhere on tour. I don’t know anymore who of us photographed. But I, Björn Beton, mostly took all the pictures.
12. How did it feel to be chosen as LomoAmigo?
Nice, perfect for the tour’s start. A welcoming change.
13. Which pictures are your favorites?
The selected ones you see here!
14. What would you advise to other Lomographers? Share your Lomographic wisdom!
Never forget to turn on the flash!
15. What connects Fettes Brot with Lomography?