Have you ever had a roll of 35mm film that did not turn out well? Now is your chance to use it! (Or take some shots of different textures.) These are great for your Christmas tree or to put anywhere as decoration.
All you need:
- a string of christmas lights (white or coloured)
- some empty film canisters with lids (the opaque white ones)
- and some film
- Take your roll of developed film and cut it to fit inside the film canister (I counted 20 sprocket holes)
- Poke a hole through the lid of the canister (I used a screw driver and a hammer)
- Put the cut film into the canister, position it where you want (it should stay in place)
- Put the light through the lid and then put it on the canister
- Do the same thing for the rest of the lights
- Plug in and enjoy!
A great way to recycle unused film canisters and film that didn’t turn out as expected.
(You can also scan your film so you can still make copies of it if you ever want to).