Pictures talk a universal language. Unfortunately, words don’t. You can make up for that using our brand new Translation button! Now you can submit content in your mother tongue and share with the whole community in another language to earn some extra Piggy Points! Plus take part in limited time, Piggy Point bonanza when you translate a LomoLocation and get 10 Piggies for your efforts until Monday July 26th!
Yes, another easy way to earn Piggies! Beginning today, you’ll find the brand-new translation button below the Like button at the end of each Magazine Blogpost. Right now you have the opportunity to translate all original blogposts – no matter if you want to translate an English entry to Japanese or the other way round. Of course this also works for all other locales we are providing at the moment. Let your fellow Lomographers enjoy content you find interesting in your own language, and earn extra points!
Submitting is super easy! Click the Translate button and you’ll be taken to a handy translation interface. All Assets like pictures or videos will be duplicated – so you’ll not have to upload images anymore! Simply replace the original text in the right text fields with your translated text, choose the language in the dropdown menu and submit!
Your translation will then be checked by a local editor and the user who submits a published translation will get 5 piggies!
This means that if you are running low on Piggy Points you put your language skills to work for you and translate at will posts you think should be read in another language! And if you translate your own post upon submission to a local site, you could be looking at making a cool 10 Piggy Points right off the bat! One from the editors at the local site and one from the editors who receive your translated text!
Pick Up 10 Piggies Now!
Help us test and brake in the new translation feature in LomoLocations for a fast and easy 10 Piggy Point bonus!
- pick one of your own Location submission that has already been posted or pick one of your favorites submitted by another user.
- Use the easy translate tool and submit it!
-Once accepted to be published you will get a cool 10 Piggy Points!
-For more Piggy Points simply repeat the process.
10 Piggy Point Bonanza for translated Locations end Monday July 26th so get your submission in soon!
General Things To Know
- Piggies for approved translations for the Local websites are pegged at 5 points across all sections, regardless of post type (e.g. requested post, submissions with higher payouts.)
- Our Local editors will be the ones responsible for awarding Translation piggies. email@example.com will not be responsible for processing Translation piggies. Full local editors’ contact lists will be updated soon on our FAQ.
- You can only translate original contributions. You can not translate a post that already is a translation of another one!
- If there already is a translation for a blog post in a certain laguage this one will disappear from the dropdown and you can not submit another one!
- Publishing dates may vary from the International English website and your Localized website. This is upon discretion of the Local editor.
- Direct translations via Google Translator/similar pages will be disqualified from publishing. Too obvious!