Our community strikes again with a new challenge calling all Lomographers out there. Seasoned member, Mr. @stereograph a.k.a. Yörn, offers an exciting new mission to fill your year with analogue adventures.
The challenge is called Going Lo-Fi 2022 Challenge, and it is absolutely fitting for our mood. Lo-Fi means encompassing imperfections, noise, mistakes and more.
How Does It Work?
Participating is simple. Let's see what the buzz of this challenge is all about. Here are the directions given by Yörn with the few guidelines to follow:
The challenge involves doing ten lo-fi tasks with analogue photography during 2022. Put your results in an Album and name it Going Lo-Fi 2022 Challenge to share them with the other participants.
If you want to win a prize send the link of your Album to @stereograph No old stuff! Only new stuff freshly produced during 2022!
@stereograph will give a selection of special vintage films to the winner! (at least 3 rolls, hand rolled and nicely decorated.) While Lomography will offer 2 expired Lomography F²/400 120 films plus some goodies to the winners.
The photographers with the most entries are going to the final! After that? We’ll see. Stay tuned, I’m working on something here (if you’ll shoot at least three or more different film formats). Come on! Let’s unsaddle the horses!
- Shoot a toy camera.
- Shoot a medium format paper negative 6×6, 6×9 6×12 or even bigger and contact it. (show both, neg and contact print!)
- Develop a B&W film yourself! (or with a friend who can) NO LAB!
- Shoot a pinhole photo.
- Develop a color film yourself! (or with a friend who can) NO LAB!
- Make a B&W print 10×14cm or bigger.
- Join the Print X-Change that @systemdevice invented and send out your print from n.6 to me! (No printer prints!)
- Make a film swap with someone nice from the forum.
- Make a film soup.
- Shoot the oldest expired film you can find!
The beauty of this community is our member's spirit of enterprise and passion for analogue practices. So if you are in, and ready for a fun competition, don't hesitate to take up this call and share your album for a chance to win some goodies.
Join and participate in the challenge and expand your analogic experience.