Sharing your film photographs online, particularly on social media, is one of the quickest options to put your work out there. And now we'd like to share a convenient way of digitizing your 35 mm film shots for easy scanning and sharing with the use of Lomography Smartphone Scanner. It's portable, lightweight, easy to use, and works conveniently with your smartphone.
It doesn't matter if it's Black & White, Color Negative, or Slide film. Just whip out your smartphone and the Lomography Smartphone Scanner and you're ready to go!
- Fix your smartphone to the Scanner.
- Turn on the Backlight.
- Feed the Scanner with Film.
- Focus the camera on your Film Strip - if necessary add or remove Stackers.
Scanning Still Images
- Use your phone's camera app or photo app of your choice to take pictures of each frame of your film.
- If you are scanning negative films you should use the “negative/invert” filter on your phone. If that is not available out of the box, you can try the Adobe Photoshop Express app.
Please note for scanning negatives you would need to invert the colors by taking the following steps: Filter -> Basic -> Invert.
Smartphone Apps You Could Try With the Lomography Smartphone Scanner
- Adobe Photoshop Express
- Kodak Mobile Film Scanner App
Do you have a favorite smartphone app for scanning your negatives with our Lomography Smartphone Scanner? Let us know in the comments section!