On Saturday, 17 February 2018, I'll be happy to meet you at the central square of city Como (in the North of Italy) for a LomoWalk. Como is the home of the great scientist Alessandro Volta, inventor of the electrical battery— an indispensable component for our lovely LC-A!
I'll wait for you from 15:00 to 15:30 local time in Piazza Volta near the statue of this great scientist. Then, we'll visit the main places dedicated to Volta around town:
- "Volta Temple", which was built in 1928 to preserve his scientific tools and documents
- "Life Electric”, a contemporary sculpture by Daniel Libeskind, located at the very end of the Diga Foranea pier
- His native house in the old town
- Torre Gattoni, the place where he worked on his first science experiments.
- The Statue of Alessandro Volta, inaugurated in 1838
Stay tuned on this page: In case of bad weather, I'll inform you about the new date of the event!
What to spread the LomoLove in your neighborhood? Organize a LomoWalk and build a LomoWall for a chance to win special edition Lomography cameras and vouchers for our online shop!