The second annual Indie Street Film Festival will return to Red Bank on July 26-30, 2017. It's five whole days of celebrating film, the arts, and diverse voices. The festival brings artists and audiences together whose work promotes positive change in the community. Learn more in the festival overview, featured on the Magazine last week.
This year we're teaming up with the festival's creators for a fun new competition to test Lomographer's cinematic abilities. The winner will receive 2 All-Access Festival Passes as well as the chance to attend the festival with a guest as a LomoReporter, equipped with a LomoKino and film to document all of the action!
We're looking for some of the most unique photographers who are able to find a balance between cinema and still photographic styles, by using elements of classic and contemporary cinema such as wide angles, shallow depth of field or vivid colors. The opportunities and visual styles that qualify are endless as cinema varies to each interpretation, and has had many prevailing trends throughout history. Use your favorite films as inspiration, or study the techniques and be inspired by cinematic photographers like Gregory Crewdson. Remember, above all, what filmmakers are trying to do with their pictures is tell a compelling story.
To participate in this competition, follow these steps:
- Capture photos that tell a compelling story using cinematic techniques.
- Submit up to 5 images to the Cinematic Images Competition.
- Remember to edit your photos and add at least 3 meta tags. Images must be taken with an analogue or film camera and not digitally enhanced or manipulated. LomoKinos are also eligible for entry.
If you don't already have one, it's really easy create a LomoHome to upload your photos.
Grand Prize Winner
- 2 All-Access Badges to the Indie Street Film Festival
- Lomography LomoKino and film
- Featured LomoReporter piece on the Lomography Magazine
Three Runners Up
- 15 Piggy Points
This competition, which serves as the qualifying round for "Cinematics" category, is open to all. Submission deadline is Monday, July 10, 2017. Winners will be announced shortly after.