A new year is fast approaching, and while we're excited about what's in store for us, we invite you to have a look at this year's most trending content. This collection is based on what you liked on the Lomography website and on our social media, as well as favorites picked by the Magazine staff.
Revisit our magazine's bests of 2016 with a little bit of perusal.
Girls who run the world
Earlier this year we kicked off with a strong focus on the female perspective in photography, celebrating World Women's Day 2016 with some one-on-one time with accomplished, contemporary female analogue photographers.
Of course, we ensured we get to celebrate the endeavors and accomplishments of women not just during World Women's Day; we successfully made it a habit to focus on women artists and photographers all throughout the year. The coming year would be the same and even better than before.
- Spiritual Explorer: An Interview with Chrissie White
- Connecting with Humanity: An Interview with Daro Sulakauri
- The Bright Side of Emotions: An Interview with Kayla Varley
- Traveling the World as a Woman
- Girlgaze - How women see the world
- On Beauty and Women: an Interview with Jordan Bunniie
- Femininity, Light & Love: An Interview with Tamara Lichtenstein (NSFW)
- Travelling Through Dreams and Time with Júlia Brümmer (NSFW)
- Love Meets Intimacy: An Interview With Vivian Fu (NSFW)
Photographers as sources of art & inspiration
We've also been privileged to get several talented and one-of-a-kind photographers take their time with the Magazine and share their photographs, creative processes and insights to move and inspire on-lookers, rookies and fellow pros.
Here's some of our favorites listed below, but be sure to check out our other photography artisans.
- Exposure Therapy: An Interview with Edie Sunday
- Celestial Bodies by Rachel and Eleanor Hardwick, Chrissie White
- The World of Colors And Symmetry: An Interview With Diane Villadsen
- Portraiture in Reverse: a Candid Study of Toby Harvard
- Diving Into The Unknown: An Interview With Boogie
- Follow The Light: An Interview With Roberta Tocco
- Provocative: An Interview with Tyler Shields
- Every Day Is the Same: Using Routine, Place and Work to Create Unique Street Photography
- Political Activism and Legitimate Alternatives: An Interview with Kevin McElvaney
- The Bright Side of Emotions: An Interview with Kayla Varley
- Curtain Call: An Interview with Cody Smyth
- In the Thick of It All: Photography by Scott Pommier
- Still Frozen: Erik Hijweege's Ambrotypes of Endangered Species
- School Memories: The Loss in Danwon High by Argus Paul Estabrook
- A Touch of the '70s: An Interview with Dana Trippe
- The Photographic Interviews: Intimate Views of Hasisi Park's Family Life
- #RefugeeCameras: A Project by Kevin McElvaney
- Holycrap: Collecting Rubbish Analogue Memories
- Phōtosgraphé: A Light Painting Project by Lucea Spinelli
- In Rooms: an Interview on Brittany Markert's Visual Journal
- A Story Of The Saharawi People: An Interview With Erin Lee
Picturesque places & explorations
One of our favorite highlights of the year is our vast interview collection on landscape, travel and chronicled photographs by different photographers.
Many among them have braved through the uncommonly conquered topographies of the Earth -- like taking a swim on the Dead Sea or voyaging the South Pole -- as well as capturing classic travel destinations under different lights and composition.
- Relics of Olympic Venues: Old, Abandoned & Forgotten
- The Story of a Negative
- Treasures Worth Saving: An Interview with Christopher Payne
- 22 Days in Joshua Tree National Park
- Travel Log: Team - Blind Climber - Andy Holzer Takes the LC-A+ to Antarctica - Part
- A Talk with Kurt Prinz: Pictures of Apocalyptic Decay
- Exploring the Unknown: An Interview with Brandon Harman
- Around the World in Analogue: Kristiansand, Norway
- Andrejrusskovskij' Travel Log Thailand: Mango Sticky Rice
- The World According to Herr Willie – Mount Rigi in the Swiss Alps
- The Road to Here: LomoAmigos Hello America
- Floating on the Dead Sea: a Travel Anecdote by Maya Beano
- Analogue Antarctica: Johannes Huwe's Expedition
- Adam Powell on His Trip to Iceland with the Lomo'Instant Wide
- Victor Daviet: When the LC-A+ Goes Snowboarding
- La Ville Lumière: Pierre-Louis Ferrer's Invisible Paris
Inklings on photographic composition and visualization
We love to contribute to the photographer's improvement on his know-how and arsenal, hence we frequently talked about hacks, tricks and useful tips (ranging from simple to complex) that can be tried out for newbies, budding rookies and professionals themselves.
Feel free to browse through our treasure trove of tipsters as well. You'll never know what you might just find useful for your next project!
- Reflections: 15 Composition Varieties
- Lomographer and Multiple Exposure Expert Hodaka Yamamoto on Creativity
- A Geometrical Street Ballad of Black & White by Moisés Rodríguez
- Analogue Artisan: Albertino on the Magic of Instant Photography and Modified Cameras
- Taking Back Tipsters: Change the Texture of Your Film Shots
- How to Develop Photos on Stone in a Darkroom
- 8 TLR Cameras For the Creative Photographer
- Lomopedia: Nikon 28Ti
- A Closer Look at Adam Donnelly and David Janeko's Site Specific Cameras
- Lomopedia: Konica Hexar AF
- Cameras in Depth: Handling a Pocket Camera
The art of taking the risque
One cannot call himself an art photographer without taking risks and the risqué (pun intended) as well as challenging art norms and traditions by breaking them and turning them into sensual, delicate interpretations and tastefully made compositions.
Here's some of those daring photographers who completely overcame the intriguing genre of art erotica by reinterpreting its beauty.
- Shuji Kobayashi: Everlasting Beauty (NSFW)
- Human Desires through the Lens: An Interview with Nathalie Daoust (NSFW)
- Girl Power: An Interview with Jessica M. Kirk (NSFW)
- Photographic Memory: An Interview with Atisha Paulson (NSFW)
- The Beauty Of The Human Body: An Interview With Sara Lorusso (NSFW)
- Keiichi Kitayama's Photo-Notes on Modern Romance (NSFW)
- Young & Free: An Interview With Lana Prins (NSFW)
- Bare Flesh: Ren Hang (NSFW)
- Edie Sunday: When Mystery Meets Intimacy
Getting to know the Lomographic masters
These unique Lomographers are not only photographers who are part of the community; they are wave makers and themselves as they continue to carry the torch of the Lomography as a movement, aesthetic and lifestyle. These talented, community-brewed photographers keep shaping the Lomographic direction every year, and we just can't wait what the community has in store for all of us in 2017.
- Meet our LomoGuru: La Fille Renne (@lafilledeer)
- Journeys Inspired: LomoAmigo Daniel Zvereff
- Meet our LomoGuru: robertofiuza
- The Age of the Achromat: Daniel Sawyer Schaefer
- Meet our LomoGuru: Duffman
- Luca's Postcards: Sicily with Lomo'Instant Wide
- Meet our LomoGuru: Julia Holcomb (waggrad00)
- Lomo'Instant Wide Fun in the Sun with Adam Rindy
- Thibault Chasta and the Petzval 58 Bokeh Control: A Sensual Improvisation
See you next year, Lomographers!