Working behind the scenes here in Lomography are some of the most creative and passionate individuals who make our community awesome. Since the holiday season is coming up, we asked if we could take a peek into their wishlists.
Katherine Phipps, Online Manager, US/CA
New York, NY, USA
1. Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens, various retailers. I’ve had the pleasure of shooting with the 50mm from their Art lens series and as a wedding and portrait photographer, the high performance autofocus and amazing low-light image quality are to die for. Also, it won a Lucie Tech this year!
2. Limited Edition “Arabian Nights” No. 2 Camera Strap by BloomTheory, these are some of the cutest and most unique camera straps I’ve ever seen.
3. Sekonic L-308S Flashmate, various retailers. For even more perfect exposures in studio and out in the world, I love how this little guy fits in your pocket.
4. Minitar-1 Art Lens, Lomography. With this little beauty, my Leica CL fits in my pocket. I’ve taken some of my favorite photos over the last year with the Minitar, I would love one of my very own. It would probably never leave the camera.
5. Lomo'Instant Automat, Lomography. My Instant Wide could really use a little sister! There are times when I simply don’t have room in my bag but want to take an instant camera…the Automat is really the perfect solution.
Sanamiii , Chief of Lomography Online Asia
1. Bruno Hot Plate – The color is so lovely and it is great for home party!
2. Lots of Instax Mini films – Since I got my Lomo’Instant Automat! I can’t wait to take lots of photos during the holiday season.
3. A Kendama – I just started to learn how to play and already addicted to it!
4. Sori Yanagi’s Kitchenware and tableware – he is one of my favourite designers
5. New Jupiter 3+ Art Lens – I tried the lens with the Bessa R2A and the result is so nice, I love the bokeh :)
Marc Ocampo, Copywriter
1. Lomo LC-Wide – I’ve always been a fan of the LC-Wide with all its features. It makes shooting with 35mm film fun and exciting.
2. Lomography X-Pro 35mm – I like the colors of the Lomography XPro films. They bring out some of the best color shifts in photos.
3. Graphed Cutting Mat – I’m a fan of DIY projects so a self-healing graphed cutting mat makes things easy and convenient for me.
4. Emerson CQC-6K Knife – Knives play a big role in my EDC (everyday carry.) This particular one from Emerson and Kershaw deploys quickly for tasks and emergency use.
5. Nitecore D4 Charger – Good quality batteries need a reliable and dependable charger. The D4 can charge 4 cells at once and give all the information you need when you charge.
Morgane, PR and Online Marketing Manager for Lomography France
1. A Toy Story Vans pair of shoes (the ones with the aliens!) I’m a huge fan of this movie and of sneakers in general so it makes sense to me to have them in my collection!
2. The book Cabinet of Natural Curiosities from Taschen. I love books and this one is in my “to buy list” for so long.
3. A ticket to travel in Europe or anywhere else.
4. An Art print of Theo Jan for SergeantPaper.
5. The Lomo'Instant Automat! because I loooooove this camera.
Jason Bulatao, Online Shop Junior Manager
1. Olympus E-5 – I’ve always been a fan of the Olympus brand, even if they don’t really have an official presence like Canon does in the Philippines. This was their top of the line DSLR before they discontinued the 4/3rds line. Still in love with this camera.
2. Olympus Air – One of their newest products. This one is basically a lens mount you use with m43rds lenses, and connect to your mobile phone to shoot. I waaaaaant.
3. Honda CBR400 – Ever since watching CHIPS back when I was young, and discovering the freedom of motorized two-wheeled transport, this has been a dream of mine. While owning one might be impractical, I wouldn’t mind taking a long road trip and passing all the super highways this country has to offer a big bike rider.
4. Olympus FL-600R – I’m pretty invested in the Olympus architecture and would love to be able to use the cameras with TTL functionality.
5. Lomo LC-Wide – I’ve been fortunate enough to use one of these cameras (borrowed) and I’ve fallen for it’s versatility and creative potential. Want!