Lomography Magazine offers you the perfect platform to reach an international audience! Have something to say? Submit to the Lomography Magazine for a chance to be heard. Whether you are a seasoned writer, or a motivated beginner, we want to hear from you. Read on and discover what type of articles we are looking for. Remember, writing for the Lomography Magazine earns you Piggies!
Requested Posts are what we are looking for and will earn you 15 Piggy Points. If there’s something you want to write about that fits the submissions guidelines but is not on the list, submit it anyway, you will get 5 Piggy Points!
We’d also like to remind everyone that your submissions to the Magazine should contain only the photos you’ve taken, unless you’re writing about a specific artist, photographer, project, etc. that you’d like to share with the Community. If you’re going to use photos from other websites, remember to secure permission and cite your sources.
Check out our requested posts for the hot and eventful month of August.
Tips are considered articles where Lomography or analogue photography are featured. Shoot us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will be credited for every approved/published tip!
- Inspired by a Music Video: On August 1, 1981, MTV was launched. More than three decades have passed and music videos have become a staple in pop culture ever since. These days, however, not only major music labels can produce music videos. Many have gone indie and produced music videos on their own.
What’s your favorite music video? Tell us about it and take pictures inspired by that favorite music video of yours. Better yet, make your own music video remake using the LomoKino.
- My Day in Analogue: We’d like to take a peek into what a day in the life of our fellow lomographers is like, so we’re encouraging you to make an analogue photo diary. Using your analogue cameras and favorite films, document your daily routine, activities, hang-outs, haunts, friends, colleagues — anything that would show us a slice of your life — and write a little something about them.
- Happenings on Film: Whether it’s a concert, exhibit, sports event or even the upcoming gay pride celebrations, share it with the rest of the community through pictures and let them know what’s happening on your side of the world.
- Fresh from the Lab: We’re always curious about what our fellow lomographers have been up to. So, if you’ve got a new set of beautiful photos, fresh from the lab, that you’re itching to share with us, tell us about it in this new series!
- Fun Under the Sun: Summer is still here! Well, if you’re somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere, that is. It’s time for that much needed fun under the sun, so we’re sure you’d be heading outdoors to enjoy the warm sunshine. Tell us, show us a slice of your summer with your stories and photos!
- Reel Locations: Is there a place in your city or town that was used as a location for a movie or music video shoot? Start snapping at away and tell us about that reel-worthy spot.Oh, and don’t forget to mention what music video or motion picture was filmed there, too.
- Summer Hot Spots: Summer is still happening in some parts of the world, and we want to let early sun-worshipers know how excited we all are to learn about where they spend warm summer days, sipping margaritas, riding the waves, or just decked out under the sun. Show us your favorite summer hot spots and tell us why they’re too hot to resist!
- Lomography Day Trips: Over the past year, we’ve been sharing with you our itinerary recommendations for day trips around the world’s biggest cities. This year, it’s time for you to take charge and show us around your town or city! What are some of the must-visit spots that we should head straight into, if we only have a day to see the sights in your town? Tell us, show us, guide us!
- Lomography Petzval Lens Photography Tips: If you’re one of the lucky owners of the New Petzval Lens and if you’ve been playing around with it for a while, you have most likely discovered some nifty ways on how make the most of your brass wonder. Share those nifty tips and tricks, will you?
- New Russar+ Lens Photography Tips: What about the Russar+? Are you one of the blessed owners of this wide-angle marvel, too? Be a darling and share the techniques you’ve picked up so far.
- Summer With Your Shutter: How do you shoot vibrant, beautiful images when the sun’s glaring, blazing hot, up in the sky? What’s the best time of the day to shoot, and what makes the perfect subject? Spill those summer photography tips, and show the rest of the community what stunningly beautiful pictures you can produce with so much sunshine.
- Film Experiments: Do you love to tinker with your film rolls to come up with off-kilter photos? Do you use concoctions, film soup recipes, and chemical cocktails for creating funky effects on your film photos? Tell us about your film experiments, and show us what you can do!
- Extreme Camera Modifications: It’s one thing to tinker with your beloved film cameras for cool effects, and it’s another to modify them permanently whether in form or function. If you’ve ever tried making extreme camera modifications, we’d like to know how you did them. Who knows, some of our fellow lomographers may be brave enough to try them out!
Lomo LC-A+ Instant Camera
Belair X 6-12
Lomography Cine200 Tungsten Film 35mm (Sold out in all markets)
LomoChrome Purple XR 100-400 120
Lomography Redscale XR 50-200 35mm and 120
Agfa CT Precisa 35mm
Cinestill 800 35mm
New Petzval Art Lens
Belair Instant Back
Fritz the Blitz 2.0
Experimental Lens Kit
Additionally, if you’re interested in becoming one of our regular writers, read these new guidelines and we’ll be waiting for your responses! If you’d like to discuss the possibility of becoming a regular contributor, feel free to email the editor. Thank you!