Say hello to our newest LomoAmigo: Liss Winnel who is an avid blogger, an artist and all things awesome!
1) Will you tell the community a little bit about yourself? What kind of things do you like getting up to and why?
I write a blog called Daydream Lily, its a place where I share all the photography, art and design that is inspiring me. I have two dogs and a cat. I’m a little too obsessed with everything whimsy. I like to collect cameras, even If only to look at and I always prefer the book to the movie.
2) How long have you been a Lomographer (or are you new to this whole thing)?
Fairly new to all this. I’ve known of Lomography for a long time and enjoyed looking at others photos but the Diana Mini was the first time I’d tried taking my own Lomography photos. I’m only up to my 6th roll of film.
3) So, now you are a Lomographer! Do you enjoy and if so why, were you taking photographs much before?
I’M IN LOVE!! no seriously, the Diana Mini and I are having a love affair. I have been into SLR photography since I was just a kid, I went to digital for awhile but my first love has always been analogue photography. I love how little the Diana Mini is and the fact I can wear it around my neck ready to take photos anywhere. I don’t think much before I take a photo, just shoot and let the lomo magic do the rest.
4) India ! Looks like an amazing trip. What was the most interesting, crazy, funny or weird Lomographic incident you & your Diana Mini encountered?
Everything in India was crazy!!! I don’t think you get a single moment to rest.. smells, sights and people everywhere. I only wish I took more photos now. Seeing cows just hanging out in the middle of the beach was pretty funny, only in INDIA !!
5) If you had to chose one, which is your favourite photo from this selection and please tell us why?
Its hard to choose only one, but Id say the photo of the parachute on the beach. I really like the vignetting effect in that one.
6) Describe the Diana Mini in five words.
petite, tiny, adorable analogue fun
7) If your photos shown here could have a soundtrack of three songs, what would they be (song title & artist please).
- Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
- Lost in Time – Whitley
- Gobbledigook – Sigur Rós
8) What is the next stop for you and your Diana Mini (or any camera)? Do the two of you have planes for the near future, travel or otherwise?
Well we’ve been having a few trips together around Melbourne, but I’m planning on taking the Diana Mini with me on my next overseas trip.
9) Your advice to future Diana Mini shooters is..
Experiment, try all the different settings and see what happens. Try shooting from the hip and double exposures. Most of all have fun with it!