Revamping the classic design of the Petzval Lens born in Vienna, Lomography has indeed gone beyond what is needed to bring analogue shooters and filmmakers a one-of-a-kind lens in the new Petzval Art Lens. Read on to find out more about this high-quality lens after the jump.
Sharp optics, narrow depth of field, swirling backgrounds and luscious bokeh shots – all these things and more are what you can get with the all new *Lomography x Zenit Petzval Art Lens*. Harking back to the earlier days of lens craftsmanship, the new Petzval Lens nods to lensmasters of old with this loving recreation.
The new Petzval Art Lens can definitely bring you a totally different shooting experience whether on film or digital format. Filmmakers will surely love its bokeh features and crisp optics while analogue enthusiasts swoon over the all manual setting – aperture and focusing included. Catch the Petzval Art Lens in brass or matte black finish and attach it on your analogue or digital Nikon or Canon mount cameras.
- Rebirth of a Legend – the new Lomography x Zenit Petzval Art Lens is a stunning reinvention of the legendary Petzval lens from the 1840s. Combining love for photography and the thirst for new developments in photographic gear, Lomography partnered with renowned lens design company Zenit to turn this dream into reality.
- Kickstarter success – the new Petzval Art Lens was brought into fruition with the generous support of over 30,000 Kickstarter backers.
- Premium Optics – boasting a solid brass body and sporting a beautifully crafted high-quality optics, the new Petzval Art Lens is a sure contender in portrait photography and other uses.
- Lens Compatibility – snap the Petzval Art Lens on any Canon EF and Nikon F mount analogue and digital cameras for total versatility.
- Perfect Portraits – shoot ultra-sharp portrait photos with undeniable swirling backgrounds and amazing bokeh shots. Use the Petzval Art Lens’s narrow depth of field and make your subjects the center of attention in every shot.
Petzval Art Lens Specs:
- Focal Length – 85mm
- Maximum Aperture – f/2.2
- Apertures – Waterhouse aperture set, up to f/16
- Image Circle – 44mm
- Field of View – 30 degrees
- Lens Mounting Profile – Canon EF and Nikon F
- Electronic Contacts – No
- Closest Focusing Distance – 1 meter
- Focusing Mechanism – Gear Rack Focusing
- Filter Thread – 58mm
You can still get the *Lomography x Zenit Petzval Art Lens* now at the Online Shop. Just pre-order the lens and we’re expecting a new batch of delivery this coming July 2014. In the meantime, enjoy these exquisite photos taken with the new Petzval Art Lens:
Looking for camera gear that fits your shooting needs and style? Then check out these other In Focus articles from the Magazine:
In Focus: Diana F+
In Focus: LomoKino
In Focus: La Sardina
In Focus: Lomo LC-A+