Gunning for the director feel and the classic analogue movie effect? Look no further, the LomoKino will be key to your directorial debut. Lights, camera, action!
The *LomoKino* is Lomography’s darling movie maker. Capture your vision on 35mm film and shoot your way to the silver screen on 144 frames with every crank of the lever with this compact movie camera. All you need is a director’s chair, actors and maybe even a clapper for that overall movie buff effect.
Short movies are the way to go with the LomoKino. But that doesn’t mean those are all you can make with this analogue movie maker. Amass the creativity and vision you need, and use different rolls of 35mm film and you can make your own full-length movie. You can even add your own music and special effects as you go. Throw in a hot shoe flash, a *LomoKinoscope* and grip for the total package and you’re all set.
- Use all kinds of film: experiment with your LomoKino and used color negative films, black and white, X-Pro, redscale… the list goes on and on!
- Easy focusing: focus easily with the 0.6m to infinity focus setting.
- Set your aperture: control the lighting that you need for your film with settings from f/5.6 to f/11 even when you’re shooting.
- Grab a tripod: use a tripod with the LomoKino to create smooth and steady film shots.
- Flash your way to the silver screen: use the hot-shoe mount to your advantage and attach your favorite flash on your LomoKino for amazing stop-motion movies and remarkable lighting.
- Rapid fire: shoot 3-5 frames per second with the advancing lever and just crank away.
- Check your movie progress: use the LomoKino’s volume display to see how much film you’ve used on your movie. A red flag on top of the camera means “cut!”
- Color – black
- Film Advance – Lever
- Flash connection – Hot Shoe
- Focusing – Fixed Focus
- Focusing Distance – 0.6m – Infinity
- Frame Counter – Volume display
- Material – Plastic
- View Finder – Inverse Galileo-Type Built-in View Finder
Sample these short and sweel films to see the LomoKino in action: