Lomography Magazine offers you the perfect platform to reach an international audience! Have something to say? Submit to the Lomography Magazine for a chance to be heard. Whether you are a seasoned writer, or a motivated beginner, we want to hear from you. Read on and discover what type of articles we are looking for. Remember, writing for the Lomography Magazine earns you Piggies!
Requested Posts are what we are looking for now and will earn you 15 Piggy Points. If there’s something you want to write about that fits the submissions guidelines but is not on the list, submit it anyway, you will get 5 Piggy Points!
We’d also like to remind everyone that your submissions to the Magazine should contain only the photos you’ve taken, unless you’re writing about a specific artist, photographer, project, etc. that you’d like to share with the Community. If you’re going to use photos from other websites, remember to secure permission and cite your sources.
This Month’s Requests
While we are no longer accepting submissions for News articles, we still want your tips! Tips are considered articles where Lomography or analogue photography are featured. Shoot us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will be credited for every approved/published tip!
- New Year celebrations on film: You must have a roll or two of film spent to document the New Year celebrations of your family and community, so why don’t you share your photos with us and tell us how your countdown went!
- Something New: Have you managed to start the year right by trying out something new — a new camera, a new film, a new hobby? Whatever it is, we hope you’ve also captured those first moments on film, and you can tell us something about it!
- Your Analogue Resolutions: Now that we have a fresh, new year ahead of us, it’s time once again for us to roll out those resolutions — promises we intend to keep to make our analogue lives a lot better this 2014!
- Your Analogue Bucket List: Aside from those resolutions, why don’t you also share with us your analogue bucket list — plans, wishes, aspirations you wish you can achieve, analogue-wise, for the year ahead.
- Travel Bucket List: If you’re an analogue traveler who finds himself or herself constantly bitten by the travel bug, then, we’re sure you also have a travel bucket list aside from the usual bucket list mentioned above! We’re curious — where are you planning to fly, drive, or sail off to this year? For the photos, you can search around our Photos section and ask your fellow lomographers for their permission to use their stunning lomographs on your list!
- The Land Down Under: It’s Australia Day on January 26th, so to celebrate, we’d like to put the spotlight on some of the breath-taking spots in “The Land Down Under.” Cafes, restaurants, parks, museums, shopping districts, beaches — whether a tourist favorite or somewhere off the beaten path — wherever in Australia you’ve been, we’d like for you to take us there with your stories and photos!
- Chinatowns Around the World: Does your city have its own Chinatown? We bet it will be decked with bright lanterns and other decorations for the Chinese New Year on January 31st, so why don’t you check it out for us and show us around?
- Lomography Day Trips: Last year, we’ve been sharing with you our itinerary recommendations for day trips around the world’s biggest cities. This year, it’s time for you to take charge and show us around your city! What are some of the must-visit spots that we should head straight into, if we only have a day to see the sights in your town? Tell us, show us, guide us!
- LomoChrome Purple Tips: Do you think you’ve mastered taking awesome and dreamy photos using the LomoChrome Purple films? Then, why don’t you share with us your tips and tricks for making the most out of this stunning film? A fellow lomographer may be in need of your expertise to make sure he or she only gets the most stunning purple-drenched shots!
- Diana+ Premium Glass Lens Tips: It’s been a while since the Diana+ 75mm Premium Glass Lens was launched, so we’re curious about how everyone has been experimenting and shooting around with it! If you’ve got some tricks for getting impressive Diana F+ snaps with this glass lens, we’d like to hear about them!
- Konstruktor Tips, Tricks, and Hacks: Got your hands on the build-it-yourself Konstruktor camera? Start the year right by exploring the capabilities of your newest member of your analogue arsenal, and share with your fellow lomographers some tips, tricks, and hacks when shooting with it!
- New Lomo Experiments: Have you thought of a new and cool experiment lately — something that you’re sure we’ve never had before here in the Lomography Magazine? Then, be the first to wow all of us in the Community with your new Lomo Experiment/s, and also challenge us to start the year right with something amazing to try!
- Belair X 6-12
- Fuji Instax Mini 8
- Horizon Kompakt
- Diana Mini
- La Sardina Metal Editions
- Lomography Earl Grey 35mm
- Lomography Color Negative 800 120
- Lomography Color Tiger 110
- Fuji Instax Mini
- Agfa CT Precisa 35mm
- Konstruktor DIY Close-Up and Macro Lens Kit
- Diana+ Premium Glass Lens
- Belair 35mm Back
- Lomography Smartphone Scanner
- DigitaLIZA 110
- Lomography X Zenit Petzval Lens
Additionally, if you’re interested in becoming one of our regular writers, read these new guidelines and we’ll be waiting for your responses! Thank you!