Bravely, I bought a broken LC-A to repair it and give her a new dress. Fortunately, the camera still worked, so I didn’t need to fix it but I gave it a new design. I also wanted to modify it to do multiple exposures.
Now let’s turn to my LC-A!
First, I dismantled the camera, removing all possible parts, and removed the leather covering.
The back had become rusty, and so I removed the rust with sandpaper. I sanded the rest slightly, which I intended to have painted. I taped all the parts that should not be painted with adhesive tape and cleaned everything again with alcohol before painting.
I bought car paint in stunning glitter Petrol from a hardware store. With this, I painted all parts in several thin layers. After everything was painted, I went over everything over with a protective clear lacquer.
After everything was dry, I removed the adhesive tape.
Then, I gathered all the parts together. Thanks to frauspatzi, who gave me four screws for the front. I assembled the camera without problems except for a really little ball, which I needed for the correct function of the ISO setting. This was replaced by another ball, from a ball-and-chain! Finally it’s finished, but unfortunately still without the cover.
For the cover I had to wait three weeks, but it was worth it! I ordered it from skinslove.com with a Sprocket Rocket photo of myself. To attach the cover I dismounted the front again.
I’m so happy that I dared to pursue the project!