The first batch of LomoChrome Purple, fresh from the factory, has just made it through my camera, and (twice) through the scanner.
It is here! I just received my five rolls of LomoChrome Purple XR 100-400 a week ago, and I immediately loaded my camera with this sweet little gem.
First thing to notice: if your camera has a setting for reading the ISO value (DX Code) encoded in the bar code on the film cartridge, you need to set the ISO value manually for this film as there is no DX code. My camera seems to default to 100 ISO, but I set it manually to ISO 200, and then I used bracketing: -1 EV, 0 EV, +1 EV.
All photos were taken the same day, just after high noon, with a Nikon FM3A, using a 50 mm lens. The flowers and fields were yellow, but came out red.
This is the result from the first scanner-attempt:
Unfortunately my photolab is very grumpy and they do not like scanning cross processed film at all, since they have to adjust the colors for every picture manually, or so they say, so same thing goes with this film. I initially got bad results from my very cheap scanner, so at first I had to invert and color correct the negatives myself (using GIMP) which is time consuming and doesn’t give very good results.
Then I gave the scanner a second try, where I changed the RGB settings, and EV on the scanner, which gave far better results than on the first run:
I did some bracketing, to see how the film reacts to different exposure settings. The following corresponds to exposures made at ISO 400, 200, 100 respectively.
My conclusion is that the film performs best somewhere in the range ISO 200-400 for my camera. Now I have four more rolls of LomoChrome to play around with.