If you have a surplus of film negatives that you have no intention of keeping (why???), here’s a nice little DIY project for you – an upcycled woven basket!
- Ridiculous amounts of film negatives
- Glue or other adhesives
- Prepare the film strips. Depending on how large you want the basket to be, attach film strips so they’ll become longer.
- Weave the strips together so they create a large cross shape.
- Measure the width of one side. Add about 2″ to that measurement then multiply by 4. This is the needed length to create the sides of your basket.
- Begin weaving!
- Use the paperclips to hold everything together while you’re starting to weave.
- When you’re finished and there’s still leftover film, just tuck them inside the basket.