One thing that all Lomographers have in common is a ridiculous abundance of empty film canisters. Are you at a loss on what to do with them? Here’s one thing you can try out!
One way to beat the summer heat is to always have popsicles ready in your fridge. No need to stock up on expensive ones though, as you can simply make plenty using your discard film canisters! The guys from Instructables did this little experiment. Try it out yourself!
Thing’s you’ll need:
- Popsicle Sticks
- Cling wrap
- Large masking tape
- Your favorite juice!
1. Wash the canisters thoroughly with soap and water. Kodak has gone on record to say that the canister itself is not toxic, but you still have to wash it since you’re going to eat something from it.
2. Line up a strip of masking tape and carefully place the empty canisters
3. Carefully fill up the canisters with your beverage of choice
4. Wrap it with cling wrap, then insert the popsicle sticks.
5. Put them inside the freezer and wait in agony until they freeze
6. Eat and enjoy!