There’s so much going on in a city. It’s important to keep an eye on little details that give the city its character, and the Lomo LC-Wide makes a perfect companion to all your daytime-to-nighttime city escapades. Whether you’re travelling to explore a new city or just chillin’ out in your urban neighborhood, here are a few ideas for your reference!
1. Capture the city at its busiest. It’s a no-brainer, but take advantage of the LC-Wide’s wide-angled lens.
2. Capture the city at its quietest. Go back to where you shot #1 and capture the same spot when it’s all mellowed down.
3. Turn your back on a popular tourist spot. While everyone’s scrambling to take a photo of a super popular spot, why not take a photo of the opposite side?
4. Create unique photos by using the LC-Wide’s MX function. If you’re with a group, chances are you’d end up taking photos of the same subjects. Make your shots different from your friends’ by taking multiple exposures – that’s what the MX switch is for!
5. Be on the lookout for charming little places. In big, busy cities, make it a goal to find secret hangouts.
6. Don’t be a stranger. If you’re travelling, make friends with the locals. Ask interesting stories about the city. Take an arm’s length photo with your new friends as a souvenir – again, take advantage of the LC-Wide’s (wide) lens!
7. Draw inspiration from public transportation. Buses, trams, bullet trains, taxi cabs, jeepneys – public transportation is a vital element in any city. The next time you’re stuck in traffic or lining up in the bus stop or train station, look around for interesting details – shapes, colors, patterns, silhouettes – and sneak a photo!
8. Trick your LC-Wide to go into Bulb mode. The LC-Wide has auto-exposure, but if you want to shoot beautiful nighttime scenes, you do a Bulb mode by covering the light meter with black tape or your finger. Find a steady surface, hold your breath, and snap a photo of the bright city skyline!
9. Don’t scrimp on shots and use the Half-Frame option. Plan diptychs, or mindlessly snap up photos for surprising results. With a roll of 36-exposure film you can get 72 shots! Niiiiiiice!
The Lomo LC-Wide boasts the newly-developed 17mm Minigon Ultra-Wide Angle lens. This 35mm camera wonder is the perfect companion for your photo expeditions. It produces eye-catching splashes of colour with astonishing saturation and contrasts with the added versatility of 3 different formats. Open up to a new photographic experience with the LC-Wide, available in our Shop.