Have you been somewhere exciting and special? Show us the pictures, and tell us about it! We’re almost 3000 Locations strong in 2010, let’s make a thousand more!
The LomoLocations section is our source of travel inspiration. In just a mouseclick, we find ourselves paragliding with vicuna in the Bavarian Forest, hanging out at the amusement park with iamsymmetrical in Busch Gardens, and strolling with the_fstops_here at Gleneden Beach. It clues us in on the obscure places that we must visit, restaurants that we should try, and structures worthy of a film roll (and lots of brisk walking). We’ve got nearly 3000 LomoLocation entries at the moment, and this number continues to grow by the minute. Thank YOU!
For those who haven’t submitted any entries, why not give it a try? We give 5 Piggies for published LomoLocations. We publish the good ones!
So what makes a good LomoLocation entry? Here are a few tips:
- Upload at least 5 best-looking photos, please – Up to now we still receive submissions with only 1 photo. Sad.
- Write more than just 2 sentences, please – Ah, to sum up your trip in just two sentences is, um, remarkable. But we want details!
- Pictures are lovely, but we also want to hear your story! – “But I’m not a good writer!” No worries, my dear. Take another good look at your photos, and recall your memories. How did you get there? Where did you eat? Who threw a tantrum when you lost the map? This makes your entry more interesting and personal. If you’re writing a historical/cultural review, please include relevant details, such as when it was built, its purpose today, political background, etc.
- Include important details – Addresses, landmarks, phone numbers, best time to go there, ticket fees, etc. These extra info will help your fellow Lomographers to get to your recommended LomoLocation without the hassles (although getting lost is an adventure in itself too!).
- Don’t forget to tag your photos – Is your LomoLocation a resort, park, abandoned building, shop, etc.? Filed under which category – food, music, nightlife, art, leisure? Just type all relevant tags! It will help Lomographers to get all the results that they need when they search the Locations archive.
All good? The next time you’re going somewhere pretty, take a Lomographic goodie, and tell us all about your trip!
Submit your LomoLocations
P.S. You know, it breaks our hearts to decline your entry because of missing requirements.
Please read the LomoLocation guidelines