If you’re looking for one of the most versatile film cameras on the market, you’ll absolutely love the LOMO LC-Wide. Not only that, but it also looks awesome. It’s small in size and easy to carry around. Interested? Then keep on reading to find out more about this must-have film camera!
From the first moment it became available online, I knew I had to have one! Why? Well, because I needed a small camera, with a wide angle lens, that was versatile and easy to carry around. This classic looking camera is a modern piece of equipment that has:
- A Minigon 17 mm Ultra-Wide Lens, that is exactly what your artistic perspective needs to create the most mind-blowing shots
- Three different photo formats to choose from: full, for your ultra-wide shots; square, for a classic look without distortion and half-frame, for an interesting way to tell all your Lomographic stories
- Film ISO range from 100 to 1600
- A wide range of 35 mm film to choose from: color negative, slide, black and white and redscale
- Simple, multiple and long exposure capabilities that allow your creativity to run wild
- Two focusing options (0.4-0.9 m and 0.9 – infinity) and automatic exposure, that allow you to take lightning fast pictures
- A hot shoe flash connection that goes along great with a Lomography Colorsplash Flash or a Lomography Ring Flash
- A cable release connection, ideal for long exposures and self-portraits
- A tripod thread
- A compact plastic body making it very light and easy to carry around
At first glance, it will be a real treat! Your LC-Wide will come all wrapped up in premium packaging: a really neat black wooden box where you will find your brand new LC-W, a cable release, batteries, instruction manual, the Lomo LC-A Book, the Lomo LC-Wide book, and two plastic frames, one for the square format and the other for the half frame.
You will be so eager to take wonderful photos with your new LC-Wide, but stop for a second, admire it and, if you’re not familiar with film cameras, taking a look in the instruction manual is a must! There you will find out how to put the film in, how to set up your camera for the three photo formats, how to use the cable release and so on.
So, what is the Lomo LC-Wide good at?
Well, when it comes to types of photography the LC-W knows funky portraits, mind-blowing landscapes, close-ups, action sports and architecture.
Portraits. Great colors, great details and sharpness, funky perspective! This is what you’ll get when using the LC-W for portraits with the standard format. If you want a more classic look to your shots, then the square or half-frame format is the way to go. This will eliminate the 17mm distortion.
Landscapes and architecture. Landscapes and architecture will always be the LC-Wide’s strong points. The 17mm lens will help you to get the most out of your composition: impressive angles, great perspective and incredible sharpness!
Close-ups. Want to get really close? With the LC-Wide you can! Don’t be shy! Get as close as possible to your pets, your favorite objects and flowers, the LC-W won’t let you down!
Action sports. The LC-Wide is super fast. Get out on a sunny day and take some shots of your favorite sports. Whether you’re climbing, rollerblading or taking a stroll with your bike your shots will turn out great!
When it comes to photography techniques, the LC-Wide is an expert in multiple and long exposures, and flash photography.
Multiple exposures are the coolest way to get creative, but also the hardest way! Imagination is key here, but you’ll also need a bit of skill. Don’t worry if you don’t get the desired result the first time, keep on trying!
Long exposures are brilliant at night time! Get a low ISO film for best quality, put your camera on a tripod and don’t forget to bring your cable release along. Set the scene and the focus, push the cable release button and let your LC-Wide do the rest!
Flash photography with this camera is really fun, especially if you have a Lomography Colorsplash Flash. It’s easy to set up, as compact as your LC-Wide and delivers great results.
- The Lomo LC-A Krab is a must if you plan to take your LC-W on vacation at the seaside, or in the winter on the slopes.
- The Lomography Colorsplash Flash is great at parties and for portrait photography.
- The Lomography Hipshot bag is a great accessory for keeping yout LC-Wide, Colorsplash and film safe.
- The LC-A Instant back is great for those instant shots!
All in all, the Lomo LC-Wide is a unique camera, a must have for the Lomographer on the go, a great every day companion, and a great creative tool for the artist in you.
Product images and info taken from here
Films used for the above photographs are Lomo XR 50-200 ISO, Lomo X-Pro Chrome 100 ISO, Lomo CN 100 ISO, Lomo CN 400 ISO, Kodak B&W 400 ISO, Kodak Portra 400 ISO, Fuji Superia X-Tra 400 ISO