As you shoot each roll of film you’ll most often take a handful of snaps on the same day and even in the same spot. In that duration your frame of mind would have elapsed much. Perhaps it’s a sunny day and you’re enveloped in a daydream while you’re snapping your beautiful friend across the café table. We want you to share your personal photo pairings with us and in essence, the essence of a memory.
That being said, perhaps you’re the type that takes one photo a day or assigns themes to the rolls you shoot. Different settings, different feelings, but identical subject matter. These are “natural” pairings, though we’re calling out to you to share not just these but also your “personal” pairings.
For our creative competition we would like you to expand upon the theme of growth. This can for instance be about growth in photography, personal development, growth with your trade, studies, or even a particular individual. These photos can be of two completely different things and not make sense to us observers – the challenge how you convey your story.
Singapore’s vintage store ReStore Living will pick x4 pieces to be displayed in their café! And they’ve awesomely handpicked a sturdy vintage suitcase from their private collection (in which you can stash all your films and photographic equipment when traveling) to be won along with packs of lovely Lomography Film! So start creating and compelling us with your stories so that others may soon encounter them hanging in a vintage and contemplative environment.
1 Winner of x1 Vintage Swan Suitcase provided by ReStore Living
1 Winner of x5 packs of Lomography Film (that’s 15 rolls of film a.k.a. 540 photos)
- 4 Winners will have their pieces displayed at ReStore’s café.
- Pair together two photos to tell an important story/memory.
- Suggested format below though we encourage you to be creative.
- Upload your creation as high-res photo – both images should be flat and clear as in the images shown in this post.
- You may include text in the photo’s description to explain.
- Entrants should be from Singapore.
- All photos must be taken with an analogue camera.
- Competition ends June 2, 2013