In the spirit of the Toronto Urban Photography Festival, Lomography Canada is hosting an online rumble in conjunction with their call for works. You’ll get a chance to be featured at a gallery as part of the festival as well as the chance to win some neat Lomography prizes!
The Toronto Urban Photography Festival seeks to deconstruct and reconstruct new formulations of contemporary urban landscapes through the practice of photography. Using critical insights of urban environments and photography, a questioning of what constitutes the ‘urban,’ ‘street’ and ‘city’ will be examined through the medium of photography. TUPF seeks to engage photographic practitioners and critical theorists in dialogue surrounding how the city is imagined and viewed as part of the daily human fabric.
We’re teaming up with TUPF for this great event and bringing you guys some chances to be featured in Toronto and also to win some prizes! Because TUPF is all about the urban environment, we are looking for works that examine and critique the urban centers of where more than half of the world’s population live. Some ideas include the flow of human traffic and vehicular traffic, buildings, “lost” cities, etc. Think about what urban means to you and show us your best shots!
- When: January 19th until January 31st
- Theme: Urban/Street; Check out the TUPF website for more details
- Categories: There will be two categories: 1. Local submissions (from the Toronto area), and 2. International submissions
- Prizes (per category): There will be a Top 5 chosen for each category
- 1st Prize: 20 Piggy Points + Feature at the Norman Felix Gallery in Toronto, Canada as part of TUPF (March 9-23, 2013)
- 2nd Prize: 15 Piggy Points
- 3rd Prize: 10 Piggy Points
- 4th & 5th Prize: 5 Piggy Points
- All winners have a chance to be featured also, but 1st prize is guaranteed!
- Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated.
- Upload Limit: Max. 5 photos
- Minimum Photo Dimensions/Resolution: MUST have a hi-res version able for print should you be chosen (should be able to be printed at 8”x10” @ 300dpi max. – final images may be of a smaller size – 5” x 7” @ 300dpi)
Even if you aren’t selected as winners of this rumble, you still have a chance to be featured in the exhibit if you go ahead and enter the call to works with the entry fee at 50% off! Check out the TUPF for more deets!
Be sure to check out the TUPF if you are in Toronto March 9-23, and also to drop by the Lomography Gallery Store Toronto as we’ll be one of the pit-stops for this festival! (The Norman Felix Gallery is also right across the street, making it easy to see three exhibitions at once!)