China first Belair lucky user: Mr. Liang Yuan-qing already shared with everyone his first impression of the Belair X 6-12 camera ! After spending a few days with the camera, let’s find out what are his thought about it. Read on to find out more!
1. First could you please introduce yourself to us?
Answer: Hello, I am Liang Yuan-qing, you can call me L. I was once a TV show host. I am now a freelance photographer, as well as one of the founders of a skin care products called Kikicare. I’m so glad that I’m now also a Lomographer!
2. We have already seen you share about your first impression of the Belair X 6-12 camera. Now we would like to know what do you think about the camera regarding its high resolution auto-exposure lens?
Answer: I have previously used professional medium format cameras like Hasselblad, FUJI, Zeiss Ikon etc, and have tried 120 toy cameras like Holga, but the Belair gives me the most unique sensation. Focusing is very convenient and the auto exposure feature just makes my life easier. Besides combining various shooting formats and high resolution, the camera itself is fashionable and very handy.
3. Does the vintage look of the Belair X 6-12 give you any inspiration on photographing?
Answer: One of the reasons we love photography is the charming look of the camera, obviously. Holding the Belair, reminds me of all the great photographers in the past century, and songs of the band Lube, Tarkovsky’s poetic images have filled my mind too. This is the best setting to be inspired and be creative!
4. If you could photograph someone famous with the Belair X 6-12 camera, who would it be? And why?
Answer: Lady gaga or David Beckham! Could Lomography please connect me to them??
5. You have many portrait shoots in your latest series of pictures captured by the Belair X 6-12 camera. Do you have any advice for the users of Belair X 6-12 camera regarding shooting portraits?
Answer: Since it’s travel photography, I tried using the people as the subject in order to add in the local flavours, as well as with the wide frame. Thanks to the Belair for the 6×12 wide format.
6. Does it feel different shooting landscape with Belair X 6-12?
Answer: When shooting landscape, the 3 different formats give me a lot of room to be imaginative. Square format is mysteriously elegant, while 6×9 is the classic format, and 6×12 is so grand and imposing. I like 6×12 format the most.
7. If you could bring your Belair X 6-12 camera alongside with a bag of films to any part in the world now, where would you go and why?
Answer: Actually, I just planned a trip to either Seychelles or Mauritius, and I will definitely bring my Belair. But one bag of films is definitely not enough because I could only get 6 photos per roll with my favorite 6×12 format. That’s why I need at least tens rolls of films.
8. Which is your favorite format? What’s your thought about the 6×12 format of the Belair X 6-12 camera?
Answer: My favorite format is the 6×12 format. First it is very rare, second it is super awesome. Belair could do really well regardless of landscape or portrait.
9. Do you enjoy shooting with the Belair X 6-12 camera? Could you share with us your favorite photo and the story behind?
Answer: It’s a great pleasure. It brings me back to the black-and-white film era, when I first fell in love with photography. My favorite photo is @双鱼kiki , where she stood at the tram station. The long exposure had blurred out the fruit stalls and pedestrians, even her body, but her smiling face remains clear, to me it’s really charming!
10. What’s your future plan with the Belair X 6-12 camera? Where would you hold your next shooting venue?
Answer: I would like to try more B&W films on the Belair and more long exposures. The next destination might be Seychelles or Mauritius, but I might also shoot the old buildings in this city when I feel like it.
Thanks Mr. Liang lyq1985424 for completing the interview with us, and sharing with us his experience and thoughts of the Belair camera . We look forward to seeing more photos from him! (Please remember to share again!) If you have received your pre-ordered Belair camera, we welcome you to share with us the joy of receiving the Belair camera too! But if you are still hesitating, you should grab the chance of the 15 percent off promotion which has been extended to this 2012 year end! Do not miss the annual Finale of Lomography!