Last Thursday I went to the Diana Baby release party at the Lomography Gallery Store in Amsterdam. As the dresscode was black & blue I decided to give myself a smashing manicure, and a Tipster for all of you nailpolish fans out there!
What you need:
- Nails (duh)
- Nailpolish in the colors black, silver (or grey) and blue
- Dotting tool (or an empty ballpoint pen, toothpick)
- Nailpolish remover
- Cotton swabs to clean up spillage you might have
Tip: allow some time for frying inbetween the layers that you paint (yes, even the small dots). About a minute or 30 should be enough.
- Apply a layer of base coat to your nails. This is to prevent the nailpolish colors to damage your nails and gives you a nice even base.
- Apply black nailpolish onto your nails. Depending on how opaque your nailpolish is you may have to apply 2 layers.
- Apply a small streak of blue on the ends of your nails (like you do with a French manicure)
Get your dotting tool. Dotting WHAT?! A dotting tool is a stick with a little ball at the end that nail stylists use to apply nailart. I just find them handy to have around for all sorts of crafts. If you don’t have them, a toothpick or (empty!) ballpoint pen will also do the trick.
- Apply a big silver (or grey) dot to your nails aproximately in the middle of the black area. This is easily done by stroking your dotting tool (or toothpick, etc) past the nailpolish brush and then carefully dip the tool onto your nail.
- As soon as the silver layer is dry, repeat the dotting action with black. This way it looks like a camera lens!
- Get another toothpick and apply a little square box in the middle of the blue stripe above the lens in silver (or grey). Nbow your Diana nails have a view finder!
- To seal in the design apply a layer of topcoat. Unnecessary, but I find it keeps everything in place so I can keep the same manicure for 2 – 4 days.
I’d love to see that you guys make out of this!
written by pretletterp on 2012-09-14 #gear #tutorials #fashion #diy #tipster #nl #netherlands #nails #diana #diana-f #dutch #holland #nagellak #diana-mini #handicraft #nederlands #nld #tutorials #diana-baby #nagels
translated by pretletterp