For some of us light painting could make our eyes stop blinking. Also, it can push our creative intuition to the edge. But, there are several that I would consider as mistakes when doing it. As a result, there are only tired and weird pictures, that had many annoying element on its. So based on my shots here goes things that you need to avoid while doing light painting.
1. Avoid overexposure; don’t use wide apertures or use high ASA films, because basically, what we will do is long exposure.
2. Make sure there is no light source directed to your lenses, or it will cause flare.
3. Make sure that the light painter does not stay in the frame or is not situated close to the light (otherwise, the light painter will appear ghost-like).
4. Make sure your model or subject does not move, unless you have intention to make them move.
That’s a wrap from me! If nothing goes wrong during the light painting shoot, your photos are supposed to look like this, nice long exposure:
5. Dont mind my warning, and just have fun!