Live in Britain or Ireland? Love thought-provoking movies? Ever wondered how life would look like if it was turned into a movie? Join our Britspotting competition and win tickets to the festival and other swell prices! (Contest details updated)
Post Updated: 17 August 2009
In 2000, a group of German cineastes pooled their efforts to create a festival for British films, dubbed Britspotting. In 2005 the introduction of an Irish film proved so popular that Britspotting decided to expand the festival to always include both British and Irish film. Since then the festival has been at the heart of Berlin, often followed by tours around Germany. It’s a British-Irish film fest that provides a chance for films with limited opportunities of mainstream release to be seen by a wider audience – a win-win situation for all!
This year, Britspotting is proud to collaborate with Lomography on a special competition to celebrate the best in British-Irish cinema. What would your dream feature film be? Britspotting is all about the movies, cinemas, popcorn, films, sprocket holes. They’re also celebrating their 10th birthday this year so it would be great to keep in mind that your submissions must signify a celebration of all things about film – as these will be used as posters for the events!
Top winners will receive free tickets to the coveted festival screenings, between 13. – 15. November. In addition to our prizes, selected photos will be used as a background image on Britspotting's flyers and posters.
Check out Britspotting’s impressive line-up of films and more information at the following websites:
- Prize(s): The grand prize winner will get free tickets to all Britspotting festival events. Second and third-place winners will get free tickets for the opening night film and party. The Top 17 photos will be displayed in a special Gallery at Cinema Babylon (Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz) and FilmCafe (Prenzlauer Berg).
- Britspotting has the right to use the top 17 pictures, and to use the winning pictures as background for their flyers and other promotional materials.
- Film/Camera Type: Any Lomographic camera, shots must not be digitally enhanced/manipulated. Only 35mm shots allowed.
- Upload Limit: Unlimited – you could re-enter previously submitted photos for this rumble
- Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 1200px in either width or height.
- Meta data must be completed (camera, film, location & 3 tags) for prize eligibility.
- By submitting your photos to this rumble, you allow Lomography.com to use your submitted photos for promotional purposes.