The time has come – Toronto is doing its own LomoMatrix! I know all of you analogue fans are itching to participate, and we’re digging right into our Lomographic community to find you. If you’ve got a 35mm camera and interested in creating a masterpiece with the Lomography Canada team, then this is perfect for you!
The LomoMatrix is one of Lomography’s most interesting and unique events. It’s been done in Paris, Manila, London, Chile, Berlin, and we think it’s about time to get one going in Toronto, Canada! What is a LomoMatrix you ask? See for yourself… Check out Paris’ LomoMatrix here!
We’re reaching out to all of you willing participants located in Toronto to take part in this fantastic event, so if you’re interested, please read through the following details carefully!
When is the LomoMatrix shoot date?
Tentative date is Saturday, June 16th, 2012, weather-permitting of course.
Who can participate?
If you have a 35m camera and you’re in the Toronto area, then you are more than welcome to join us! This project will span about a month but ultimately we need your commitment for Saturday, June 16th, 2012 as that is the tentative date of the LomoMatrix shoot.
How many people will be selected?
Around 18-20 people will be selected to participate.
What roles are there?
Plenty! Such as…
1. Actors/subjects of the shoot
2. Photographers (of the LomoMatrix and of the event itself)
3. Videographers (of the event itself)
What happens if you are selected to participate?
1. You will have to attend an initial meeting on Thursday, May 24th, 2012 at 6:30 p.m. at the Lomography Gallery Store Toronto to meet and greet with other participants, discuss ideas and receive additional information.
2. You get to share your ideas for the LomoMatrix!
3. You MUST be committed to attending the LomoMatrix shoot on Saturday, June 16th, 2012.
What’s the schedule going to be?
Here is a breakdown of what’s going down:
Monday, May 7th – Monday, May 21st
- Call-out will be open for this time period.
Tuesday, May 22nd & Wednesday, May 23rd
- Members selected to participate will be notified by the Lomography Canada team and will be added to a Facebook/Event group for easy communication.
Thursday May 24th – Initial meeting with all members
- View Lomomatrix videos to get an idea of what to do and also brainstorm ideas
- Collect emails and phone numbers
- Choice of roles
- Discussion of location, dates, materials, props, etc.
Saturday June 9th – Final details sent to participants and posted
- Schedule for the event day
- Delegation and distribution of roles
- Final list of ideas
- Location and time of Lomomatrix
Saturday June 16th – Targeted shoot date!
- Shoot the LomoMatrix!
Sunday, July 1st (Canada Day!) – Premiere of the LomoMatrix!
Dates may change depending on how discussions go.
Everyone participating will be kept up to date on the Facebook page and through emails.
This project is non-profit but everyone will receive credit for their photos and their participation. We appreciate your passion for analogue photography, and this will be a great way to show the rest of the world what Toronto’s got!
So, how does that sound? If you are interested, please sign up HERE
Lomography Gallery Store Toronto
536 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 2B5
Mon – Wed: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
Thurs – Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm