Compare, contrast, draw inspiration from, and even shake your head in disagreement at the answers from our special guest contributors. Today, we’re featuring Filipino videographer Judd Figuerres who shares his film photos and hate for okras below.
Judd wears many hats: baseball hats, dinosaur hats, and even fox fur hats. Professionally, he switches from videographer to blogger to DJ to analogue photographer just as easily. He recently went back to his photography roots (Judd was a Film major in college) and set up a Tumblr account in hopes of becoming “internet cool.” Find out more about the multimedia artist below.
Name/alias: Judd Figuerres (juddfiguerres)
Location: Olongapo, Philippines
Choose some analogue images that represents you.
1. Describe your first memory as if it were a still photograph
It was like my face was a camera body and one of my eyes was a pinhole. I remember watching a lot of Michael Jackson when I was kid. I would watch Thriller (on betamax) over and over again with my little hands covering half of my face. I was so scared but I was so curious.
2. What’s one quality you wish you had?
Exoskeleton. I want to molt every once in a while.
3. Who or what was the first thing you fell in love with?
I had a tricky affair with Hershey’s Watchamacallit. After four years of unwrapping, I got tired of everything. It was a mistake though.
4. What would you rid this world of in a heartbeat?
Okra. I just don’t get it.
5. What decade in history would you like to step into and why?
Eighties. Disco was disco. Make-up was make-up.
6. If you could hang as a camera around anyone’s neck, who would that someone be?
7. Where’s your secret garden, where you can escape to?
My hometown’s burger place, Wimpy’s. Beef is such an underrated comfort food.
8. What famous person (dead or alive) would like to have a drink with?
Andrei Pejic. I have so many questions for him.
9. If you could no longer see, what’s one image you’d like burned in your mind?
A smiling picture of my best friend and/or first love. No matter how painful it was, it made me feel more human inside.
10. Who’s your hero, in fiction or in real life?
My Father. The only person in this world who is willing to forgive me over and over again.