Welcome to the Lomography Questionnaire! From here on out we will be sending our artfully crafted questionnaire to people from all walks of life for your viewing pleasure. Compare, contrast, draw inspiration from, and even shake your head in disagreement at the answers from our special guest contributors! First off we have French photographer Mademoiselle Javel!
Name/alias: Mademoiselle Javel
Field: Photography, video & installation
Location: Paris, France
Choose one analogue image that represents you.
1. Describe your first memory as if it were a still photograph.
The background: a vintage blue couch with a fluffy kitty sleeping. In front: a moving figure, a girl dressed in white, you just clearly see her blond long hair. A blurry atmosphere, slightly colored with lovely tones.
2. What’s one quality you wish you had?
I could use some patience.
3. Who or what was the first thing you fell in love with?
Books, writers, libraries, literature and the smell of paper.
4. What would you rid this world of in a heartbeat?
Spiders. For real.
5. What decade in history would you like to step into and why?
The 20’s / 30’s “Les Années Folles” craziness between wars, girls who dare, happy decadence, alcohol and music, short hair and incredible dresses.
6. If you could hang as a camera around anyone’s neck, who would that someone be?
I would hang myself around a vampire to see all his dark, gloomy and kinky secrets.
7. Where’s your secret garden, where you can escape to?
My secret garden is in my head so it is pretty convenient to escape. Available anytime, anywhere.
8. What famous person (dead or alive) would like to have a drink with?
I would enjoy a drink with Stanley Kubrick.
9. If you could no longer see, what’s one image you’d like burned in your mind?
Olympia, the painting of Edouard Manet. An ideal image to keep in mind, sharp and bright.
10. Who’s your hero, in fiction or in real life?
My heroine is Bayonetta, a character form a video game. She is a powerful warrior, she plays with her over-sexy image. She knows what she is doing and does not need anyone.