Don’t panic, as things are just going to get better! Change always comes with some minor hiccups, but it’s all for the best! Read on to find out about what we’ve added and what has changed at the website!
After the recent relaunch, a lot has changed. New features were introduced and much fun were added that will surely make your online stay at Lomography worthwhile. But what’s this, you ask? Lately things were a bit off the pace and were loading slower than ever before. This is something that would test anyone’s patience and even us, we must admit, are rather knackered about it too and we apologize for any mishaps it caused.
Reason being folks is that what you’re seeing now is not quite the final lomography.com yet. Yes, there’s still a lot going on behind the analogue curtains of Lomography and we are really doubling the efforts to give you only the best! You must understand, great things are not meant to be rushed though.
Let’s see some stuff that had been completed by our talented programmers so far:
- All user homes that were active have received their photos from the old site. Now they need to tag them all!
- The I Like this function on the Photos section – you could now ‘like’ a photo then go to the next Photo in a series of galleries/photos!
- LC-A photos show on our Photos section – just the thing for you Minitar-lens addicts!
- Magazine teasers in the cover, there’s more to tease you with and ogle with new products, events and site content!
- Performance – The site had major performance issues and is considerably faster than before!
- Localization efforts – making a version of the site in different languages. They will soon be able to choose their language and we will be adding new languages over time, until we have the site in as many languages as possible. This is hard so its taking some time
- Lab & Homes – An improved version of everyone’s beloved Lab and LomoHomes are being worked on, they will come out soon!
- FAQ section – Most asked questions from users and newbies alike will surface soon with answers on popular queries! Things about the site, about Lomography, products, piggies, and analogue photography will soon be housed in a new section!
- New photo glossary of Lomographic & analogue terms that will sure to satisfy your shutter-clicking self to keep on reading
- The much-anticipated new Lomography Shop, which would be more user friendly and easier to access than our somewhat outdated store :)