Here are the simple steps on how I created a concoction that put a destructive twist on my film! Read on for the instructions.
This year, I made a promise to myself that I will be more bold in experimenting with film. With that I prepared a concoction out of household items in my attempt to bring beautiful destruction to my film. Personally, I am not completely satisfied with the results, but others might appreciate it. Here is what I did:
- In a small cup, mix water, dish washing liquid, some vinegar, and a pinch of salt. Mix it well.
- Place your sacrificial roll (color negative in my case) in its plastic canister, and slowly pour in your concoction.
- Leave it there for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the roll and place it in as safe area where it can dry. leave it there for 24 hours.
- Transfer the film into another spool as you do so when redscaling (without inverting the film) to remove the remaining fluids.
- Send it to the lab for processing.
Here are some of my results:
The destruction seems to well on its way, bu I think I need to leave the roll in the drying area for a few more days.