The New York City Guide is almost done. We just need a few more submissions! We’re getting down to the nitty-gritty! Participate now!
Get your New York groove on! The City that never sleeps needs more submissions! We’re down to the VERYLAST few spots! Check out the list below:
Food trucks and carts: Chicken and Rice, Van Leuwen’s Ice Cream, Big Gay Ice Cream Truck, Korilla, etc
Top pizza joints: Ray’s on Prince St., Artichoke, Lombardi’s, Roberta’s, Grimaldi’s
Stadiums: Yankees stadium, CitiField
Music Venues: Arlene’s Grocery, Bowery Ballroom, Bowery Electric, Webster Hall
Queens: Astoria, Flushing, Long Island City, etc
Any off the beaten path: Arts/Culture Destinations
Street Spotlight: Bowery, Bleecker, Broadway, Lafayette, Malcolm X, St. Marks, etc
Random assortment:DUMBO & the Waterfront, 5th Avenue Shopping, Lincoln Center
How to get involved:
- To see all the sections that will be included in the Lomography City Guide New York, take a look here
- If you’re not sure of what a location should look, our handy dandy step-by- step guidelines will help walk you through it with ease.
- Upload 3 or 4 or more great photos (higher resolution the better – your photos should have at least 1200 pixels in either width or height)
- A few sentences on why you love your location and why people should check it out
- Tell us the exact address where it’s located and how to get there
- If you have a LomoLocation to submit that does not fit in the above, please go ahead and submit it anyway, it will still be considered for the book (so long as it’s about New York of course!)
- Just don’t forget to tag your location with “NYCG” so we can pull them out easily and provide you with 15 piggies (10 for the Location and 5 if it’s from New York)
Our friends at the Penumbra Foundation in New York City are having some pretty amazing workshops in the next few weeks. We wanted to help them spread the word to our New York and tri-state Lomographers. Come spend a photo-filled afternoon at Penumbra!
Ricardo Lozano is based in Brooklyn, New York where he started documenting his life in this bustling city. The photographs turned into a series, which he called "Seldom Bored". Let's get to know more about this project; here's a sneak peek.
“Around the World in Analogue” is your bite-size guide to the most amazing travel destinations across the globe, as documented by the members of the Lomography community. Today, lomographer Shalini Sridhar (@shalinis) takes us to the New York City of India.
Photography and writing student caterinakenworthy shoots on both digital and film but prefers the latter for it allows her feel more creatively invested in every shot. Get to know our featured newcomer from New York in this brief interview.
This months LomoAmigo is Utku Öztürk, who has been passionate about photography for the last 10 years and recently had the chance to test out the New Petzval 85mm Art Lens. If you want to get to know Utku more and see the shots he captured with the New Petzval 85 keep on reading!
It’s that time of the year when you can almost hear the holiday knocking on your door. Although, holidays are usually meant for taking a break from your 9 to 5 type of a job, there is no reason why you shouldn’t allow yourself a healthy amount of laziness and still do some fun, creative things...
Are you a young photographer or a student of photography? In celebration of Youth Art Month, we invite you to share your photographs for the chance to win an exhibition at the Lomography Gallery Store in New York City, in the heart of historic Greenwich Village.
A new year is fast approaching, and while we're excited about what's in store for us, we invite you to have a look at this year's most trending content. This collection is based on what you liked on the Lomography website and on our social media, as well as favorites picked by the Magazine staff.