The New York City Guide is almost done. We just need a few more submissions! We’re getting down to the nitty-gritty! Participate now!
Get your New York groove on! The City that never sleeps needs more submissions! We’re down to the VERYLAST few spots! Check out the list below:
Food trucks and carts: Chicken and Rice, Van Leuwen’s Ice Cream, Big Gay Ice Cream Truck, Korilla, etc
Top pizza joints: Ray’s on Prince St., Artichoke, Lombardi’s, Roberta’s, Grimaldi’s
Stadiums: Yankees stadium, CitiField
Music Venues: Arlene’s Grocery, Bowery Ballroom, Bowery Electric, Webster Hall
Queens: Astoria, Flushing, Long Island City, etc
Any off the beaten path: Arts/Culture Destinations
Street Spotlight: Bowery, Bleecker, Broadway, Lafayette, Malcolm X, St. Marks, etc
Random assortment:DUMBO & the Waterfront, 5th Avenue Shopping, Lincoln Center
How to get involved:
- To see all the sections that will be included in the Lomography City Guide New York, take a look here
- If you’re not sure of what a location should look, our handy dandy step-by- step guidelines will help walk you through it with ease.
- Upload 3 or 4 or more great photos (higher resolution the better – your photos should have at least 1200 pixels in either width or height)
- A few sentences on why you love your location and why people should check it out
- Tell us the exact address where it’s located and how to get there
- If you have a LomoLocation to submit that does not fit in the above, please go ahead and submit it anyway, it will still be considered for the book (so long as it’s about New York of course!)
- Just don’t forget to tag your location with “NYCG” so we can pull them out easily and provide you with 15 piggies (10 for the Location and 5 if it’s from New York)
Daniel Arnold may just be one of the most important names in contemporary street photography. Known for his raw takes on New York City life, he leaves no detail glamorized and allows himself to get into their personal space -- a task only for the fearless shooters in the concrete jungle.
Responsible for a monumental analogue movement in the midst of digital revolution, the LC-A camera is internationally renown for its vivid colors, intense saturation and moody vignetting. Now, in our 25th year, we’re proud to introduce three new anniversary editions for the LC-A+, the LC-Wide and the LC-A 120 which feature a unique, embossed leather design!
Lomography loves both students and teachers, so we're helping you out with some savings on some photographic school supplies! Get a 35% discount on the Diana F+ Camera, Diana F+ Camera with Flash, Sprocket Rocket, or The Spinner 360°! Check out our microsite to find out more!
We have teamed up with the legendary Strand Bookstore for a summer series of LomoWalks. On Saturday July 14th, author Jeremiah Moss is going to join us and provide literary inspiration for participants. He has recently taken one of our Simple Use Film Cameras and created a wonderful series himself.
Every photograph is a capsule of reality – or multiple realities, for that matter – freezing time and space in their constantly changing state. 'Multi-Verse', a series by photographer Amy Friend, explores the possibility of parallel universes.
We love helping you create monochromatic masterpieces and capture life in black and white beauty. That's why we have created the Berlin Kino B&W Cookbook, to help you take your greyscale game to the next level.
Spark the passion for exploration and make this special edition designed by KristopherH part of your collection! Be an explorer with the Lomo'Instant Camera and Lenses (Explorer Edition)! Grab yours now while supplies last!
From Havana to Croatia, Zach Leon has traveled the world in search of breathtaking vistas, interesting people and new experiences. He records them all in captivating imagery and beautiful stories as part of The Finite Project – a reminder of our less-than-infinite lives.