Lomography Gallery Store Manager Shanghai Recruiting
Lomography Gallery Store Manager Shanghai
Lomography is an exciting and vibrant international company dedicated to creative analogue photography. We develop, design and distribute an exciting and innovative range of cameras, film, books, fashion accessories, bags, stationery products and much more. We’re an ever-growing company that’s dedicated to supporting and showcasing creative analogue photography – that’s why we also regularly host events and exhibitions in countries all over the world.
Lomography has its headquarters in Vienna, Austria but we also have subsidiaries across the globe; from New York to Tokyo, Paris to Hong Kong. Our website, www.lomography.com, is one of the biggest online photo communities in the world and currently features almost 9 million analogue photographs. The full range of Lomography products is sold online and through independent retailers, as well as in our own Gallery Stores, which are currently located in over 13 countries.
A Store Manager’s responsibilities include the overall management of the store, staff, marketing and communication, merchandising and customer service. As the Store Manager you will also be responsible for achieving sales objectives, maintaining and achieving high operational and merchandising standards and goals, and building a highly motivated team.
With solid organizational and communication skills, you as the store manager are the critical link between the retail field and the corporate head office. Apart from your professional skills you are a combination of rock ‘n’ roll and business minded. You know the ins and outs and pulse of your city. Ideally you’ve taken Lomographs before or have knowledge about analogue photography.
Your tasks will include:
• Setting individual and collective sales goals as well as communicating the store daily and monthly sales goals to the team
• Managing sales activities (presentations, closing ratios, customer contacts)
• Contributing toward store profitability by seeking opportunities to increase sales, manage inventory and cost of goods control and labour costs.
• Ensuring that daily store quotas are reached
• Knowing the complete product range and its benefits
Staff Management and Training
• Recruiting, developing, maintaining and leading a winning team to create success together
• Conducting and overseeing the training of all new employees as well as the re-training of existing employees when needed to optimize the staff competencies to lead the business growth
• Administering employee evaluations and write-ups and interviewing new candidates
• Informing staff of new updates and general developments in the company
Store Operations & Project Management
• Overseeing all store operations and preparing store schedules
• Managing stock levels and the reordering process, and making key decisions about stock control
• Overlooking register system, cash handling and in-store security
• Being responsible for reporting and communication to Regional Retail Manager and HQs
• Implementing store policies as stated by HQ
• Initiating changes to improve the business
• Being responsible for store maintenance (daily cleaning, furniture,.)
Minimum 3 years of working in the retail fields or working experience equivalent Strong leadership and management skills on people, business and project management
Pro-active working style, good communication skills
Strong sense of design art and culture
Photography experience a huge plus
Perfect English and Chinese skills, additional languages are a plus
Employment: Full time
Job Start Date: as soon as possible
Please send your application (including CV and short cover letter in English) to: email@example.com and use Shanghai Store Manager as a subject.