Time is seriously running out to submit your Locations for the New York City Lomography City Guide! Okay okay, so we might have told you already that the time for submitting came and went but with it being the festive season and all we’re still accepting submissions (for a very limited time)!
Don’t forget; if we use one of your locations you get a free copy of the book to proudly display on your coffee table. At the very least this will help when your parents harangue you over the holidays about what you are doing with your life. “Hey mom. I’m in a book!” It should get them off your back for a few months.
We are looking for any and all cool spots around the city and beyond. If you have your camera at the ready and just don’t know where to go we are in special need of nightlife locations, cool clubs, bars, comedy shows etc. We also could always use more museums, art galleries and anything else that would fall under the category of “Arts and Culture.” Get out there and get snapping!
Just think of those juicy 10 Piggies that awaits every New York Lomolocation submission!
If you need a bit more direction, here are some great ideas for after-hours gems that are sure to empty your film reel and fill up your liver:
• McSorley’s Ale House
• Union Hall
• Burp Castle
• Fat Cat Jazz Club
• Comedy Clubs like Comedy Cellar, Caroline’s and Gotham Comedy Club. Random pictures of people doing standup rule!
• Webster Hall
• Cake Shop
• DIY venues like 285 Kent, Death by Audio and Shea Stadium (The one with punk shows, not baseball games.)
• Union Pool
• Bell House
• Welcome to the Johnsons
• Motor City Bar
• Max Fish
• The Delancey
• Gotham City Lounge
• Any of your favorite happy hour spots.
• Your favorite dive bar.
• The best places to let loose and dance.
Need some inspiration?
Here’s some wonderful LomoLocations we’ve already received.
How to get involved:
- To see all the sections that will be included in the Lomography City Guide New York, take a look here
- If you’re not sure of what a location should look, our handy dandystep-by-step guidelines will help walk you through it with ease.
- Upload 3 or 4 or more great photos (higher resolution the better – your photos should have at least 1200 pixels in either width or height)
- A couple of paragraphs containing four or more sentences each on why you love your location and why people should check it out.
- The exact address of where it’s located and how to get there.
- If you have a LomoLocation to submit that does not fit this week’s theme, please go ahead and submit it anyway, it will still be considered for the book (as long as it’s about New York of course).
- Also, DON’T FORGET to tag your location with “NYCG” so we can pull them out easily and provide you with an extra 5 piggies.
written by devoncaulfield on 2011-12-09 #places #location #nycg-new-york-city-guide-nyc-location-call-out-2011-december