Just because you haven’t been to Seoul doesn’t mean you haven’t experienced the spirit of the city. We want to see your images of anything featuring the letters which make up the word S-E-O-U-L! Take part and you could win a trip for 2 to South Korea and special edition La Sardina cameras!
For the last stage of the Seoul All Around You Competition, we want you to think S-E-O-U-L. These are the letters that make up the name of the fabulous city. We want you to submit any pictures that include any of these 5 letters! It could be a giant ‘S’ on a billboard in your city or that graffiti-sprayed ‘L’ you walk past on your way home. It doesn’t matter where you find it – shoot it and submit it. The more creative the better!
If you’ve been to Seoul before, now is also the time to geotag your photos and send in your best LomoLocations, about the city – They could be part of the Lomography City Guide Seoul due to be released in 2012! You can read more about submitting a LomoLocation here
For each stage of the contest, there will be 1 grand prize winner who wins a trip for 2 persons to Seoul and a special Seoul edition La Sardina camera (due to be released in 2012). These trips include a minimum stay of 5 nights in Seoul; return flights; airport transfers, as well as hotel accommodation. There will also be 9 runners-up who will each win a Seoul edition La Sardina camera!
Ready to submit your photos in the hope of winning these amazing prizes? Be sure to submit photos at least 1220px in width/height and there’s a submission limit of 10 photos per category. Please read the rules carefully, to make sure that your entries will be eligible to win covetable prizes from the Seoul Metropolitan Government and Lomography!
- Sort through your photos and pick the best ones thoroughly and thoughtfully.
- Film/Camera Type: any kind of film / analogue camera – standard 35mm or 120 format preferred, not digitally enhanced or manipulated.
- Deadline for submissions are as follows:
Stage One – Seoul All Around You: From October 31, 2011 to November 20, 2011
Stage Two – Seoul Kitchen: From November 21 to December 11, 2011
Stage Three – S-E-O-U-L: From December 12 to December 30, 2011
- Make sure that they are relevant to the (sub-category) themes, and upload them to the correct sub-category! Do not upload the same pictures to multiple stages or irrelevant pictures, you will be excluded from the competition.
- Make sure to geotag all your pictures
- Minimum Photo Dimensions: submissions must be at least 1220px in either width or height, larger dimensions are welcome
- No visible borders or watermarks, etc.
- This competition will be held in three stages, make sure to upload your images to the correct competition in order to qualify!
- Winners shall be able to travel to Seoul, Korea in the end of 2011 and beginning of 2012 to take part in the event.
- Winners must have all documents necessary to travel to Seoul, Korea, including authorizations of any kind. All entrants, particularly minors, are responsible for ensuring their submission is in compliance with the legal requirements of their country.
- Winners will be announced through a blog posting on the Lomography website shortly after the stages deadline.
- Winners will get a message via their LomoHome which they have to reply to within 5 working days. If not, we will have to contact another winner.
- By participating in this competition you agree on all terms & conditions