I am certain that every lomographer in this loving site has his or her own reasons for loving Lomography. Here are mine.
1. There are no experts or judges who tell you, “this is good, that is not good and can be improved like this” and so and so. Although there are truly some quite experienced lomographers in this site from whom I am so willing to learn. There are no rules here.
2. If you make mistakes, you get no laughing at or criticism; instead you are encouraged by people who will tell you this is a happy mistake or accident.
3. You make friends from all around the world, thus it is not only about taking photos, but about meeting new people, seeing new lifestyles, understanding new concepts and cultures, etc.
4. You not only focus on VIPs and celebrities, but rather, on ordinary people, plants, animals, earth, dust, even rubbish. You see the world from a different view point like never before. Thus, you provide all of them a chance to say: “Hey, I was here; this is my planet too.”
5. Lomography is so free that you don’t have a frame in your mind to make you a square-minded person, or to limit your thinking and action. You are kind of liberated.
6. Lomography makes you a very special person, when you’re in a crowd, holding a rare plastic thing, making strange sounds and pouring blinding color flash, etc.
7. Once in love with Lomography, you can hardly stop yourself from buying things. That helps the film and camera factories. You are actually contributing more and more to GDPs.
8. When you get too addicted, you can not tear yourself away from your beloved toy cameras. Thus, Lomography becomes naturally a part of your life. You don’t live on it, but you can’t live without it.
9. Lomography makes me happy, I feel I am younger and more energetic. I walk out more in the streets and talk more with strangers. I eat more but don’t put on extra weight. I sleep better and dream more.
10. You can build your own home as your wish in this site, and invite friends to call you whenever they feel like doing so. And if you publish anything, you get piggies. That is money too!