The Fuji Superia X-tra 400 is one of my favorite films most of the time. This film could be easily found in the market and camera shops in my country, Malaysia. This film is also very cheap. When I go to the camera shop for film processing or scanning, I never forget to buy this film to refill my stock.
The fresh film gives a natural color. The results give a fine grain image quality. The images are also quite sharp.
These are some information about the film from the Official Page of FujiFilm :
- Fine grain for a high-speed film, providing no loss of image quality even in large-size enlargements.
- High sensitivity allows images to be captured even under insufficient light conditions.
- Vibrant and dynamic reds, blues, and yellows.Violets and a variety of greens with enhanced fidelity.
- Smooth, beautiful and naturally depicted skin tones.
- Extremely sharp depiction of all aspects of the subject, from overall form to textural details
- Accurate color reproduction even under fluorescent lights.
- Precisely maintained gray balance throughout, from the brightest highlights to the deepest shadows.
This film gives a very nice result even when it is expired. The color of the image becomes quite calm and smooth.
Also, the best way to get the amazing results for this film is by double exposure and redscale. It gives highly saturated colors. The colors come out very interesting and satisfy me very much. You should give it a try.
Get this film and try it, guys. It’s interesting!