Time is running out to submit your Locations of New York City if you want to have them immortalised in the forthcoming Lomography City Guide! Stuck for cool Location ideas? Our Editor Lawrence is here with a list of some nocturnal hotspots for you to check out and shoot!
No matter where you like to spend your nights in New York City, we want to see them. From wild nightclubs to dive bars, comedy clubs to secret late-night party locations – you could have them featured in the City Guide! Don’t forget; if your Location is accepted, not only will it be considered for the Guide but you’ll also receive a mouthwatering 15 Piggies! So, got some great analogue photos of New York City lying around in your LomoHome? Then what are you waiting for?!
You can submit any Location in New York City that you can think of, but if you’re in need of a little inspiration, here’s a few places to get you started.
· McSorleys Ale House
· Union Hall
· Burp Castle
· Fat Cat jazz club
· Comedy Clubs like Comedy Cellar, Carolines and Gotham Comedy Club. Random pictures of people doing standup rule!
· Webster Hall
· Cake Shop
· DIY venues like 285 Kent, Death by Audio and Shea Stadium (The one with punk shows, not baseball games.)
· Union Pool
· Bell House
· Welcome to the Johnsons
· Motor City Bar
· Max Fish
· The Delancey
· Gotham City Lounge
· Any of your favorite happy hour spots.
· Your favorite dive bar.
· The best places to let loose and dance.
How to get involved:
- To see all the sections that will be included in the Lomography City Guide New York, take a look here
- If you’re not sure of what a location should look, our handy dandy step-by- step guidelines will help walk you through it with ease.
- Upload 3 or 4 or more great photos (higher resolution the better – your photos should have at least 1200 pixels in either width or height)
- A couple of paragraphs containing four or more sentences each on why you love your location and why people should check it out.
- The exact address of where it’s located and how to get there.
- If you have a LomoLocation to submit that does not fit this week’s theme, please go ahead and submit it anyway, it will still be considered for the book (as long as it’s about New York of course).
- Also, DON’T FORGET to tag your location with “NYCG” so we can pull them out easily and provide you with an extra 5 piggies.
written by devoncaulfield on 2011-10-06 #news #new-york-city-guide-usa-city-guide-cityguide-location-october-2011