In this new ongoing series “5 Questions on Analogue Photography with…” we send out the same set of questions to photographers. This time, Savia Chan – a stylish photographer from Hong Kong – has the following answers.
Name: Savia Chan
Occupation: Freelance photographer
Country: Hong Kong
1. Tell us about yourself in three sentences maximum?
I’m a former music student who is having an affair with photography. I seldom do lighting during location fashion shootings, because I love the natural feeling and it’s interesting to see how the daylight changing throughout a day.
2. Why do you still shoot analogue?
As a huge fan of analogue, I’m deeply in love with the simplicity of analogue.
3. What photographic equipment (cameras, films, and accessories) do you usually have in your bag?
When I’m not working, I just usually bring my Rollei 35 with me, because it’s pretty handy.
4. Share a trick of yours that will always result to a great photo.
Ummm..don’t think just shoot?! Just kidding, but for me I always prefer to make the composition more simple.
5. What photographers influence your work?
Not particularly. I’m more like inspired by artwork, music or movie.