Do you enter competition after competition, with photo after photo? I know I do and more often than not it is hard to remember which competition I entered let alone which photo(s) I submitted. Especially for the LomoWall ones which hardly ever tell you which of the 5 photos you entered actually got picked.
Well, I have a solution for you!
I have created a competition journal! Okay, I haven’t but I am going to right now!!
You will need:
- An empty journal… I will use my extra Lomo Notebook
- It conveniently has a place to add the date the photo was submitted, if needed.
- Some index prints (you know the little sheet you get when you have your film processed that shows all your photos on one print)
- Tape or glue
- A pen, marker, or pencil to write with
What to do next:
- A competition has just started that you want to enter, quick grab your Competition Journal!!!
- Write the name of the competition and the date you submitted the photos.
- Take the index sheet from the roll of film of the photo(s) you entered into the competition.
- Cut out the photos you entered and paste them in your Competition Journal.
- Wait for the results of the competition… keep waiting for the announcement…
- Great! You’ve just received some piggies for a competition you forgot you had entered!
- Refer to your competition journal for the photo(s) that you entered…
- Highlight it and write “WINNER!!”.
- Oh, and Congrats on the win!
Now I have just created a Competition Journal.
With this, you will always remember which competitions and photos you’ve entered!
Gook luck with your submissions!