Recently, the Lomography’s International Online Magazine team began writing themed articles to fuel your enthusiasm and understanding about the vast world of everything that’s analogue! From September 12th to 18th, the International Magazine was dedicated to the Russian Conception Day, taxi cabs, analogue approaches to visual arts, and a trip back to memory lane with childhood film photographs!
Russian Conception Day
Here on Lomography, everyone is crazy in love with film! It’s your turn to get crazy with your lover, too! To commemorate Russian Passion, we bring you our first-ever car competition: Baby for a Car Rumble!
Know more about Conception Day:
- Conception Day Is Coming Soon
- Today Is the Russian Family Contact Day
- Celebrate Russian Conception Day and Spread Love Using the LC-A+
More information on Russian vehicles:
- Vyatka: The Russian Vespa
- Royal Family Snapshots: The Romanov Family Albums
- Russian Van for Wanderers
Lomography collaborated with DesignTAXI, an innovative online network which caters to all creative professionals across the globe. So yes, we’re talkin’ to you — join our yellowtastic rumble, Find + Shoot a Taxi, and get a chance to win thrilling Lomographic prices and a bunch of other goodies!
Hey — taxi!
- Across the Globe in a 1935 London Taxi
- PYHOF: Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell
- The Ultimate Taxi Etiquette Guide
The Lomographic community is awesome for submitting their own write-ups which belong to this month’s Requested Posts! Click the links to read their full articles:
News: Analogue Approaches to Visual Arts, Vintage Camera Ads
- Jason Mecier's Mosaic Portraits by ululchen
- Advertising During the '40s by cornborn
- Johan Thrnqvist's Illustrations
- Kodak Girl by kneehigh85
Analogue Lifestyle: Your Childhood in Analogue Photographs
- Childhood in Analogue: The Holiday of a Lifetime by fletchinski84
- My Childhood Immortalized in Analogue by jcyx243
- My Childhood in Analogue by lighttomysoul
- Reliving My Childhood with Analogue Photography by uncle_jay
- Way Before the Digital Era: My Childhood in Analogue by maymosciaro
Reviews: Accessories, Cameras, and Films
5 Questions Series
In this new column, we interview various film photographers and showcase their loveliest analogue shots. Click their names and learn first-hand tricks that surely result to great photos!
Read more 5 Questions feature interviews here.
Next Week’s Theme/s
Join us as the Magazine team falls in love with Autumn and its ochre-flavored hues! You should also watch out for more hailin’ pieces on taxi cabs. Stay tuned for more analogue lovin’, folks!